Resolved - Moving CC v5 site - blank site

I've moved a test instillation of CC v5.2 (working ok) to a new server, to try and establish if it was the old server which was causing CC to run very slowly.

I have copied all the files from the root directory and DB onto the new server, and updated the includes/global.inc.php file with the new DB access info.

However, there appears to be a second global.inc.php file in the includes folder called global.inc.php-xxx.php (where xxx is an 11-digit number). This had similar info to the global.inc.php file but a couple of different $glob lines.

I'm just wanting to find out which globals.inc.php I need to update, and why there is the second one with the number in the file name. Have I missed any steps in the moving process?

Many thanks,

Russell

When CubeCart updates or is backed up, the current rendition of globals.inc.php is renamed with a date tag added to the filename. In addition, the downloaded package contains a global.inc.php.dist that is used as an example of what the values for the array should be and what they mean.

Unless you know you have a PHP error log somewhere that you can look at...

I would like for you to create a file named ini-custom.inc.php and its contents will be:

<?php
ini_set('display_errors', true);
ini_set('log_errors', true);
ini_set('error_log', CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS."php_errors.log");
?>

Now try to access your site. If there is an error that PHP catches, it will be recorded in the file php_errors.log in CubeCart's main folder.

Think I've found the issue. Checking phpinfo() for the old and new sites, the new VPS site did not have Ioncube and Zend Optimizer installed.

I'm a complete novice re setting up a VPS, and didn't know I needed to do this myself, but it's done now, and all looking good.

Any further issues, and I'll create the ini-custom.inc.php file.

As always - greatly appreciate the help.

Russell