Standard tax option missed

bkessler91

I have over 3000 products and have one tax class I call "Standard Tax" for customers in my state (PA).

When adding products, I over looked this tax class option and just assumed that the Standard Tax would be applied...  my bad, yes yes, dont assume... crap!

Anyone else run into this and find a way to apply Standard Tax in one fell swoop?

oops....

When CubeCart is installed, there are three tax classes created: Standard, Reduced Rate, and Tax Exempt. There is one "named" tax and it is "VAT". Then, the combination of the "named" tax (such as VAT) with each of the tax classes evolves to a table of rates:

VAT-Standard = 20%

VAT-Reduced = 5%

VAT-Exempt = 0%

possibly further grouped by applicable country and/or state.

No doubt you have added more.

You will need to look at the admin Taxes screen, Tax Rules tab to determine the 'id' of the rule of the rate you want to apply. To do that, hover the mouse cursor over the delete icon (trash can). The browser will show you the URL of the link: admin.php?_g=settings&node=tax&delete_rule=2

Now, to apply rule_2 (as determined from above) to all the inventory, in admin, Maintenance, Query Database (Advanced) tab, enter this into the Query Box (be sure to note and apply any table prefix mentioned above the box):

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET `tax_type` = 2 WHERE true;

(I suggest you make a backup of your inventory table first.)