Problems with customer service

KRISTINVELLA

Has anyone upgraded to Version 5 and has issues with backups, missing images, images not deleting, google categories not working and is there someone who can help in cubecart as I am dealing with Al who told me he 'can't' deal with these issues and Milos just tells me to speak to Al. 

It's frustrating as it took 4 days for Al to tell me he can't answer me and there are alot of other issues I am having and have fixed some myself and paid someone to fix other things. 

Welcome KRISTINVELLA! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

"Has anyone upgraded to Version 5 and has issues with backups, missing images, images not deleting, google categories not working."

Everyone, depending on the version of CC5 one has upgraded to.

"Is there someone who can help in CubeCart?"

These are peer-supported forums. A lot of issues/problems have been discussed and solved.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone upgraded to Version 5 and has issues with backups, missing images, images not deleting, google categories not working and is there someone who can help in cubecart as I am dealing with Al who told me he 'can't' deal with these issues and Milos just tells me to speak to Al. 

It's frustrating as it took 4 days for Al to tell me he can't answer me and there are alot of other issues I am having and have fixed some myself and paid someone to fix other things. 

Hello Kristinvella,

I am also having the same frustrating problems and issues that you are having, i am using the cubecart version 5.2.4. I am beginning to believe that there is more to this matter that they are letting on because all i get from Al is that he cannot solve the problems, i have also asked for a REFUND but the minute i threaten legal action the site goes back to normal, on numerous occasions i have sent screen shot images to prove to them what it is going on, he even denies seeing anything wrong with the SCREEN SHOTS IMAGES even though they are there in BLACK AND WHITE AND YOU AND I CAN SEE IT or IT TAKES HIM COUPLE OF DAYS TO REPLY!  :angry2:  ...

Just today all the IMAGES have DISAPPEARED AGAIN after weeks of reloading the whole products on my website AGAIN! and this was AL's reply when i reported the reoccurring issue as an emergency....

(Hi Abby,

Yes I can see images are missing however this is an effect not a cause. There is nothing helpful about that screenshot. We need an error message or something to work from. A mechanic can't fix a broken down car on the side of the road from a picture of it with hazard lights on. This is the same scenario!!

I have zero understanding of what steps are taken prior to the images being lost and as a result there is literally nothing I can do to help. I simply can't help without more information.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------

Al Brookbanks

CubeCart Staff)

I am not only upset but extremely appalled that without any consideration and the mere fact that this same issue has been ongoing for the past couple of months and reloading thousands of images again and again this is the reply i get yet AGAIN, he also keeps denying that there is any problem whatsoever, even with the screen shots images constantly sent to him.

I would like to know if you have had any luck in communicating with anyone apart from him as currently i have just sent another ticket now and also letting cubecart know that this will not only be a legal action but also a cyber criminal offence that will be reported to the police unless something is thoroughly done to solve this unprofessional issue of theirs and protect customers who are using their eCommerce TEMPLATE, because it is not only time consuming, deliberate disruption to the business but also a cyber criminal offence of putting customers at risk...

Hello Kristinvella,

I am also having the same frustrating problems and issues that you are having, i am using the cubecart version 5.2.4. I am beginning to believe that there is more to this matter that they are letting on because all i get from Al is that he cannot solve the problems, i have also asked for a REFUND but the minute i threaten legal action the site goes back to normal, on numerous occasions i have sent screen shot images to prove to them what it is going on, he even denies seeing anything wrong with the SCREEN SHOTS IMAGES even though they are there in BLACK AND WHITE AND YOU AND I CAN SEE IT or IT TAKES HIM COUPLE OF DAYS TO REPLY! :angry2:  ...

Just today all the IMAGES have DISAPPEARED AGAIN after weeks of reloading the whole products on my website AGAIN! and this was AL's reply when i reported the reoccurring issue as an emergency....

(Hi Abby,

Yes I can see images are missing however this is an effect not a cause. There is nothing helpful about that screenshot. We need an error message or something to work from. A mechanic can't fix a broken down car on the side of the road from a picture of it with hazard lights on. This is the same scenario!!

I have zero understanding of what steps are taken prior to the images being lost and as a result there is literally nothing I can do to help. I simply can't help without more information.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------
Al Brookbanks

CubeCart Staff)

I am not only upset but extremely appalled that without any consideration and the mere fact that this same issue has been ongoing for the past couple of months and reloading thousands of images again and again this is the reply i get yet AGAIN, he also keeps denying that there is any problem whatsoever, even with the screen shots images constantly sent to him.

I would like to know if you have had any luck in communicating with anyone apart from him as currently i have just sent another ticket now and also letting cubecart know that this will not only be a legal action but also a cyber criminal offence that will be reported to the police unless something is thoroughly done to solve this unprofessional issue of theirs and protect customers who are using their eCommerce TEMPLATE, because it is not only time consuming, deliberate disruption to the business but also a cyber criminal offence of putting customers at risk...

I have also noticed from the cubecart forum there has been alot of issues with IMAGES which i had to post to AL when i replied his email, i also told him i will be posting his reply on the forum, because it is not only shameful but highly embarrassing as to the way cubecart are treating PAYING customers and DELIBERATELY DISRUPTING their businesses from functioning on the eCommerce site that has been bought from them!

As Al has said, you're going to have to provide way more info than just the screenshot. What version are you using? Is it a clean install or upgrade? If so, what did you upgrade from?

Have you enabled Debug in Admin>Store Settings>Advanced? You can keep the debugging info from showing for the customer by using http://www.whois.net/what-is-my-ip-address/ to set the debug info to only show for YOUR IP address.

Are ANY images showing in Admin>Filemanager or Product listings at all? Are your images in folders? What is the admin language?

Go to wherever the images do not show and post here with the screenshot AND the debug info that appears to deal with your images.

Abbyjo40, making threats of that nature will have no effect and only serves to annoy. If you were serious and not all wind, you would not be posting those kind of threats on a public forum as it will undoubtedly hurt your case legally.

Al and Dirty Butter are perfectly correct, you need to provide details. A screenshot is not sufficient. You need to submit a support ticket with the details required for CubeCart support to investigate.

Do those you've images you've added, and the generated image thumbnails, physically exist on the server? Are the images 'missing' from admin and/or the front end pages? have you checked the permissions on the images directories and images are not the problem?

None of this puts the customer at risk. Ecommerce is at a stage where most people have access to creating a store. Sometimes there are issues, in which case you WILL need to hire someone to do some work. To use the car analogy that Al used, when you change your car type after a puncher and the tyre falls off afterwards, you DON'T threaten the car manufacturer (which is what you've done).... and you can't be sure the cause of the wheel falling off is user error or a faulty wheel.... and taking a photo of the wheel on the ground is what you've done in taking a screenshot of the missing images.

I noticed you've not mentioned threatening the hosting company with legal action for not allowing installed software to delete files from the server file system? Or are you technically knowledgable enough to know without a doubt it's not a hosting server issue not allowing images to be deleted?

What I'm saying is, get the facts first and provide as much information as possible about the problem.

For AbbyJo40:

Hi, I just wanted to add a little bit more information here. I have asked "Abbyjo40" numerate times now if she can tell me any of the following;

a. This happens after a certain action.

b. If the inventory is managed with one item at a time or by using the CSV import tool. 

c. If there are any other patterns at all. 

She has never responded to these questions and as a result I can't help. All I have had in response is reply in capitol latters letting me its happened again wit a screenshot of "the car on the side of the road". Clearly I can't help from that.

If I could give her a refund I would. I can actually bank transfer the money actually. If you want to send us a sales ticket with your bank sort code and account number I will happily refund your payment. Please note however that the admin side of your store will be locked out. 

I'm sorry but I've just about given up trying to help. Please also note that our client support communication is confidential. I will leave my reply above however as I stand my by response stil.

To KRISTINVELLA:

I'm sorry you have had problems with the upgrade. What you have to understand is that our job is not easy and with very complex inventories like you have it is very difficult for us to see what is out of place without an in depth understanding of your product and business. Some of your issues;

- *Some* product images not coming across
The image migration is very complex and there can be issues if you have a very large inventory. I have to hold my hands up and say that I still do not know why some of them didn't come across. I'm not going to lie to you and make an excuse. 

- *Some* product options not coming across
Likewise to my previous commend I don't know what this was. Honestly thousands of stores have been upgraded to v5 without a hitch. I don't know if there were database problems or inconsistencies prior to the upgrade. Again I can only apologise here.

- Links to spreadsheet in products no longer work 
This was simply a path issue caused by old/new style links. It's really not possible for the upgrade script to be able to guesse you have such links to Excel files and to know what to do about them.

In checkout, text is doubled up and unreadable (buy a product and proceed to checkout to understand what I mean)
This was just due to incredibly long product names the skin wasn't designed to cater for. I think we resolved this. 

Product options in products are now in alphabetical order
This is default v5 functionality. I can only assume your last store was customised. 

All products are not in the same order as in V4
Again upgrading will push default v5 functionality. 

We don't expect our customers to be technical but a lot of people are upset after upgrade in that their highly customised stores don't carry across all the tweaks and changes they had before. If we could do that we would. A major upgrade is a major upgrade and a bit of testing and possibly custom development may be needed before go live. 

Please do send a support ticket if there is anything else I can help with and I will do my best for you. To tell me that "YOUR IMMATURE AND NEED TO GET ANOTHER JOB" is not very constructive.