Blank cart and admin pages first time Mojo install

I installed CubeCart using Mojo (formely Simplescripts) on my shared Bluehost account.

After install main and admin pages show nothing, but no php errors are generated.

(Prestashop and Agoracart installs worked just fine using Mojo).

I added a simple statement to index.php and admin.php files

print $glob['encoder'];

after the first if statement (before switch) and got ioncoder as the result on the formerly blank pages.

I see that the required index_enc_ion.php

admin_enc_ion.php are in the directory, but there my pitiful knowledge of php ends. :)

Any suggestions on what to try to resolve this?

CubeCart Version: 5.2.2

PHP Version 5.3.26

PS. One last thing, I have no domain assigned just 1.2.3.4/~mysite/ccart/ as address for cart and accordingly 1.2.3.4/~mysite/ccart/admin/ for admin 

Welcome alfcub! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

$glob['encode'] should either be ioncube or zend.

Two things:

The test for the presence of Zend will always fail (bug has been reported).

As such, CubeCart will always assign ioncube as the decoder to use, whether it is installed or not.

Your hosted account must have installed and be configured to use either the ionCube Loader or the Zend Guard/Optimizer.

To quickly check this, create a file named phpinfo.php, and for it's contents, have:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then have your browser ask for the phpinfo.php page.

The browser should show at the bottom of the top-most block what decoders (and extra stuff) are available for this installation of PHP.

If, at the bottom of the top-most block, you do not see:

with ionCube Loader version x.y

or something similar, you will need to have your hosting provider get that installed/activated for you.

CubeCart is very good at figuring out where it is. Don't worry about the domain address.

Thank you for helping!

phpinfo gave me this:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright © 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

As you mentioned that there is a bug with detecting zend and so I decided to try the hard coded approach and changed switch statements in index.php and admin.php to:

switch('zend') {

Now both the site and admin load just fine!

First impressions are very positive compared to some other shopping carts that I have tried out.

PS. Reading my host (Bluehost) documentation I see that ionCube Loader is also available, so a better way would be to enable that instead of messing with source code.

• 4 weeks later...

i am having the same problem after install, no front page or admin page. I have been trying to follow your posts, I am not a tech person so I am not able to write scripts at all.

I did however ad the phpinfo.php file you mentioned and it made the pages show up with error messages.

At this point though I am not sure what is next.

Here is the error messages I am getting  "  The necessary zend_extension line could not be found in the configuration".

Then there is this which doesn't seem to be an error but might be an issue.

Please also note the following:

• The file /homepages/16/d479755148/htdocs/zen/php.ini is not being recognised by PHP. Please check that the name and location of the file are correct. It may be necessary to copy the /homepages/16/d479755148/htdocs/zen/php.ini file to /homepages/16/d479755148/htdocs/zen/cube/ioncube and to all directories in which you have encoded files

I am installing cubecart in a directory on the server so it is not in the root directory, I do not know if that matters. I called my domain people and they told me to change permission on a file to 644 which would make cube cart visible, but it doesn't appear to have done anything.

Please if someone can help?

Thank you,

Steven