Email Function Not Working

Pamam

I'm using the latest v.5.2.2

The cubecart mailing function isn't working for me. I've tried both PHPMailer and SMTP and not one of them is working. Also, when I try sending an email from the CMS (Admin Panel), CubeCart says ''Email Sent'' but the email doesn't go out. I know this because I don't receive it. Can anyone provide a solution?

If not, can I use an external mailing script with Opencart to bypass this complication.

Thanks & regards

We need to know if your store is on a server that you absolutely control, or on a server that is managed by a hosting company.

If you have contacted your hosting company, have they indicated that they have a policy of blocking port 25 (SMTP protocol)?

@bsmither>> It's on a shared server with hostmonster.com. When I spoke to them last night, they confirmed the problem is not coming from them and they said that all the emails are recorded as sent on their logs but when they tried to send an email thesmselves they were surprised that the emails did not go out. They suggested that I replace cubcart, which i don't want to do. I know this function works because when I had the site on my /dev folder, the email send function worked fine.

They do not have a policy of blocking port 25 (SMTP protocol). I've check my email SMTP configuration within the CMS and it's confirgured correctly to my hosts specs. Because i use SSL, I use port 465>>  Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) host247.hostmonster.com (server requires authentication) port 465

Any insights? 

Cheers

@bsmither>> 1. Yes. I sent it from the Add Newsletter screen. I did this to test if emails could be sent out because i was not received order confirmation emails for test orders i placed earlier. Even when I marked such test orders as shipped, did i NOT get an order status change email (ie. Your order is Complete) as found in the email templates.

2. I was not using SMTP while on the /dev folder

Thanks.