Duplicate addresses

macgillivray

Is anyone else having this issue - I upgraded my cubecart to 5.2.2 - and now, when customers enter address details, the address seems to be stored at least 4 times - twice for default billing and twice for default delivery addresses.

cubecart 5.2.2

PHP Version 5.3.18

mysql 5.0.96

Thanks

Margaret

I should have added that the upgrade was from 5.2.1 :o

pps added screengrab

Would you please verify the actual contents of the database table, CubeCart_addressbook? You will need to use a utility such as phpMyAdmin to do this. phpMyAdmin is usually found as a tool in the Database section of your Hosting Account's Control Panel.

If there are in fact multiple Default addresses for this customer in the database table ('default' column will have a '1' in it), then the problem is in one location. If there are not multiple Default entries, but just one record tagged as Default for this customer, then the problem is in the way CubeCart is generating this list and is in a different location.

Hi, Brian - there are multiple addresses in the CubeCart_addressbook tables.

Just in case it makes any difference to what happens next, I have done the upgrades using Softaculous in cPanel. 

Thanks for your help
Margaret

I've attached a pdf of some of the details in the cubecart_addressbook tables to let you see.

cubecart_addressbook - Sheet 1.pdf

I've scanned through the list and I see, for where 'customer_id' is 1, there are 10 records at the beginning (and one at the end), but only address_id #1 is identified as a billing address ('billing' = 1) and none are identified as a default (billing or delivery). This is all not a problem regardless of the fact that the person who is adding all these addresses is entering "Default billing address" and "Default delivery address" for the Description field.

Have you confirmed with Mrs M MacG that this customer knows how to use this form?

Whereas for customer 689, I see address_id 589 (non-billing, non-default) and 588 (billing and default), regardless of what the description says.

Customer #67 seems to have numerous addressbook records as well. I'm wondering if your store has some sort of "instruction" for the customer to always fill out the Delivery Address form during checkout instead of choosing one from the drop-down of existing addresses.

The list has plenty of redundancies.

Mrs M MacG is me :o .....  I tried various test orders to see if I could figure out why shipping only charges for the UK and not for other countries ...  I believe the (much) earlier customers and orders worked ok - but don't think I can prove that now ... 

I much appreciate you taking the time to look over this.

Margaret

I have determined that these duplications are from entering information into the in-process billing and destination address form blocks during checkout.

Each pair of "Default billing address -- Default delivery address" is very likely the result of checking out past the point of entering this info, but then immediately going back to that page or an earlier page.

• 2 weeks later...