Resolved - google inside the database

Guest bobdydd

Guest bobdydd

Hi

When I was looking at Prestashop I saw a "google inside the database plugin" offered for sale.

This has got me thinking. After all: how does Google index pages that are only formed and visible when they are requested?

Is there anything like the Prestashop plugin for CubeCart? (Sorry I no longer have the link)

Grateful for any replies

Best Regards

"how does Google index pages that are only formed and visible when they are requested?"

Google is given a "site map" of all active products, categories, and documents (including the 'homepage'). The site map is generated from a CubeCart admin screen, given a standard name, and located in the 'root' folder of the store. Then, using Google's "Webmaster Tools" (I think), you tell Google about your sitemap, and Google will work it's way through your site.

Guest bobdydd

Thank you very much.

We are still entering products products on the site and are up to 628 with another 2000 (approx) to go.

Would the best plan be to wait until they are all done or update the site map as we go along?

Best Regards

Depends how soon you want Google to know about your products.

You can have CubeCart create the sitemap and inform Google of it's availability now (takes only a few minutes), and do it again 100 products later, and again after 100 more... You get the idea.