Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jomagalo

How to avoid spam comments and user registration

Since capcha is not effective at this time, we can turn it off quietly and implement the following solution:

Add a hidden variable in the forms you want to control spam. If this variable contains some data would occur an error and would not progress the user record or comment.

This is effective because the spambot trying to populate all form fields with random data.

A greeting

Interesting idea. I wonder, would that really work?

Could you offer the code and instructions on where to put it? If the code needs to be unique, at least explain with some examples?

Well I thought it was enough to put the idea. We must remember that if I put the code in a public, spammers could circumvent quickly. However, I can get more information if necessary.

Did you set the type to hidden?

It is convenient to do so with class in the file layout.css

I understand you can't spell it out, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to employ this on my own. Bsmither's hacks provided on the 3rd party forum have cut my fake registrations down to almost zero, but the review area is still getting spammed.

Could you offer the code and instructions on where to put it? If the code needs to be unique, at least explain with some examples?

The spam robot are programmed to fill form fields containing known variables and usually almost always the same. From this, it is simply a matter of adding to the form of these variables in a hidden known.

I understand you can't spell it out, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to employ this on my own. Bsmither's hacks provided on the 3rd party forum have cut my fake registrations down to almost zero, but the review area is still getting spammed.

Right now I've narrowed it down to zero spam user registrations and reviews.