BUG FIX - Editing Language Phrases

bsmither

In admin, Languages, one can change the phrases that are used throughout the store.

I just tried to change "No products found." (a phrase that appears on the View Category page when there are no products assigned to that category) to nothing (called a 'zero-length string'). When the list of phrases was redisplayed, the edited phrase was still as it was originally. So, I think it's a bug.

All this works fine in CC515 (actually, last I checked in CC514).

From my experiments, attempting to edit any phrase in CC52X should have not worked as expected.

In the file /admin/sources/settings.language.inc.php, near line 22, find:

if (isset($_POST['save']) && isset($_POST['string']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('settings', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
    ## Load all existing language strings
    $GLOBALS['language']->loadDefinitions($_GET['language']);
    $base_strings = $GLOBALS['language']->loadLanguageXML($_GET['language']);

Change it to:

if (isset($_POST['save']) && isset($_POST['string']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('settings', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
    ## Load all existing language strings
    ## $GLOBALS['language']->loadDefinitions($_GET['language']); // Probably not needed at all.
    $base_strings = $GLOBALS['language']->getLanguageStrings(); // does not fetch what we need: loadLanguageXML($_GET['language']);

Please watch for any anomalies, such as a UK admin in a US store editing a UK language set. (That was a bug fixed at about CC508.)

I tried it and it worked perfectly. It's been so long since I changed any wording I didn't realize it wasn't working anymore.

I put the content.category.php no category found code back to normal, and as long as the no_products line in the Language phrase section of Admin is blank, it works as it should - not showing anything if the category has subcategories, but no items in the parent category only.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

By now, I think the problem of the language being edited has been fixed.

So, in admin, Languages, click on the Edit icon for the language you want to change, choose Category from the selector, and empty the field for 'no_products'. Click Save. Test.