BUG FIX - Editing Language Phrases

bsmither

In admin, Languages, one can change the phrases that are used throughout the store.

I just tried to change "No products found." (a phrase that appears on the View Category page when there are no products assigned to that category) to nothing (called a 'zero-length string'). When the list of phrases was redisplayed, the edited phrase was still as it was originally. So, I think it's a bug.

All this works fine in CC515 (actually, last I checked in CC514).

From my experiments, attempting to edit any phrase in CC52X should have not worked as expected.

In the file /admin/sources/settings.language.inc.php, near line 22, find:

if (isset($_POST['save']) && isset($_POST['string']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('settings', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
    ## Load all existing language strings
    $GLOBALS['language']->loadDefinitions($_GET['language']);
    $base_strings = $GLOBALS['language']->loadLanguageXML($_GET['language']);

Change it to:

if (isset($_POST['save']) && isset($_POST['string']) && Admin::getInstance()->permissions('settings', CC_PERM_EDIT)) {
    ## Load all existing language strings
    ## $GLOBALS['language']->loadDefinitions($_GET['language']); // Probably not needed at all.
    $base_strings = $GLOBALS['language']->getLanguageStrings(); // does not fetch what we need: loadLanguageXML($_GET['language']);

Please watch for any anomalies, such as a UK admin in a US store editing a UK language set. (That was a bug fixed at about CC508.)

I tried it and it worked perfectly. It's been so long since I changed any wording I didn't realize it wasn't working anymore.

I put the content.category.php no category found code back to normal, and as long as the no_products line in the Language phrase section of Admin is blank, it works as it should - not showing anything if the category has subcategories, but no items in the parent category only.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...