Resolved - Add product option to ALL products using MySQL query

masterunix

Hello All,

I am new here and i run a very serious webshop that i just migrated from Opencart to Cubecart. I bought the full license and copyright removal and i will buy this for at least 3 or 4 sites. So far so good very happy with Cubecart.

However i am missing some features, but most of them not very important and i can hard code them in the templates files. However i am not a great programmer, but i do have ICT experience for more then 13 years and in daily life i am a freelancer based on Linux administrator, Windows enginering and sometimes supporting or management in the ITIL section like change management, so i do understand much.

What i really miss is a feature to add one specific product option to ALL products! I have 11.000 products and i just go live with my webshop after migrating and i forgot the product options! Normally all webshops i worked with (different systems) has a add product option to ALL products ... cubecart don't have this? Why?

I figured myself out this query:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_options_set_product` (`set_product_id`, `set_id`, `product_id`) VALUES (1, 2, 1);

This will add product options to product id 1.

If i want to add the product option to product id 2 it will be:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_options_set_product` (`set_product_id`, `set_id`, `product_id`) VALUES (2, 2, 2);

If i want to add this on product id 3 it will be:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_options_set_product` (`set_product_id`, `set_id`, `product_id`) VALUES (3, 2, 3);

Ok so we get the idea ... now ... how can i do this to ALL of my 11.000 products?

Can someone PLEASE share a MYSQL query that will apply this to ALL product IDs? So i can make a cronjob of this activity?

Lets say: create product option to product id if not exists. if exists update.

Somethin like this.

And for you third party developers ... if this is easy for you, please make a module of it in admin i will pay you!

I need it URGENTLY, because i am live now and i lose orders, because people can not fill in their sizes or colors.

Thank you all.

Nevermind i fixed it using excel sheet and execute query to change more then 11.000 products.

See example what excel creates for me for as an example for a few products:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_options_set_product` (`set_product_id`, `set_id`, `product_id`) VALUES (8316,2,8316), (8317,2,8317), (8318,2,8318), (8319,2,8319), (8320,2,8320), (8321,2,8321), (8322,2,8322);

The above can be executed in the admin of cubecart so if you have 20.000 products it will also do ... i know its nott he best option, but i dont have a better solution since i am not an expert on programming.