"Payment received" e-mail with bank transfer

DiMarca Online

We've recently upgraded from CC2 (yes really ;)) to CC5.2.17 and of course some things are completely different and mostly better, but what I'm really missing is the possibility to send a 'payment received' notice to a customer that pays by bank transfer.

When they pay by PayPal, it's no problem, the 'payment received' e-mail is automatically sent out and the order is set from 'pending' to 'processing'.

But when they pay by bank transfer, I can't send out that e-mail. When I manually set the order from 'pending' to 'processing', they get another 'order confirmed' e-mail and not the 'payment received' e-mail.

It just doesn't seem right, is there any way around this?

Here is a conversation:

http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/47521-cc5-customer-pending-and-processing-emails-are-the/?hl=%2B%2Bpayment+%2B%2Breceived

I think I had to go offline to solve this particular person's issue with the scope resolution operator. Read through the entire conversation.

Then there is this:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=17425

Thank you, it's a bit complex for me, but I'll ask someone if he can change this for me.

Just a question though, in that other topic, you are also saying:

"We can certainly reconfigure when CC sends the Order Confirmation email, but the Payment Received email is sent under different circumstances. Specifically, when the payment gateway says the transaction is successful. -- not when an admin moves an order to a different processing stage. There is no administrative capability to move an order to a specific payment status."

Why is there no administrative capability to move an order to a specific payment status? With bank transfer payments, the admin is the only one who could do that, right?

"Why is there no administrative capability to move an order to a specific payment status?"

I think it is a programming oversight with regards to the Bank Transfer (Print Order Form or POF). The same might be said for the Card Capture gateway.

"With bank transfer payments, the admin is the only one who could do that, right?"

True (provided the code allowed for it). Certainly, not the customer's ability to be able to say, "I paid it!"

Send me a PM with your email address and I will be happy to assist you offline.