Resolved - in 5.2.2 you can get in a loop with basket and checkout

chum63

I have found on my set-up that I can get in a loop.

If you start to check out and get as far as the billing information and then decide you want to buy something else.  You go and add your item to the basket and on the right ( in my case) I can view the basket or checkout.  If I select view the basket it always takes me to checkout and there seems no way of getting back to the basket and stopping the check out process.

Any one else found this issue or knows how to fix it or can explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Please add that you are using the Fusion skin Blueprint to your signature. I'll test and be back.

It's always a good idea to change to a stock skin temporarily with front end issues to test if it's skin related or not. Then if it turns out to be only a Blueprint issue, you need to post in the 3rd party forum about it. See your other post here.

_a=basket is before you have entered a delivery address

_a=confirm is where you enter a delivery address (if not logged in)

Once CubeCart has a delivery address, Cubecart will not go back to the _a=basket.

If the experience you describe is when you are logged in, please let us know what your experience is when not logged in.

I just tried it with the test account. At the point where I've chosen my billing address (which is also my default shipping address) Checkout can't be stopped, which fits what Bsmither has said. I'll add another shipping choice to that account and see if it provides a chance to choose the shipping address before checking out.

Yes, it provides the chance to add another delivery address and let me add another product to checkout and asked which delivery address before going on to Checkout. So it does seem to be working correctly.

Hi - thanks for the info. I have add the skin to my signature. My clients experienced this as guests rather than when registered and logged in, so I tested as a guest.

I see what you are saying, but wouldn't normal behaviour once i have added additional items to my basket to view it and then recommence with the check out? Especially if I have clicked the View Basket button rather than the checkout button?  

You are right I got as far as putting a billing address in so the system is probably working as designed, but just does not seem right not to let you start over from the basket again.

Anyway thanks for your help and comments.

"Wouldn't it be normal behaviour once I have added additional items to my basket to view it and then recommence with the check out?"

Please experience the checkout process using a stock skin, such as Kurouto. You may see in Kurouto that the basket is always visible all the way up until you choose the method of payment (_a=gateway). The skin, which employs a separate display logic, may separate the form that asks for a delivery address from reviewing the basket contents. If so, that would be design flaw with the display logic of the skin, not the process logic of CubeCart.

There are options in the Fusion Configuration section for what to show on the Checkout page. I think we've likely gone beyond the scope of this forum now. Looks to me like it's time you started a new thread in the Mods & Skins section of the 3rd party forum. Bsmither is there, too.

Thanks @bsmither it would seem my issues are more to do with choice of skin than the underlying engine of cubecart.  I think I am registered already for the 3rd party forum just need to remember my login:-)

Thanks @Dirty Butter too..  Agree.

Just in case anyone finds this on here - @Dirty Butter was right and there is an option to enable the basket during checkout. When enabled and in the process of checking out you can click on the basket and review and continue again. So brilliant and fixes my problem. You go to the fusion>general settings form and switch on basket during checkout.