site down SQL problems

masterunix

I am not even 48 hours online with cubecart after migrating from opencart and i got this:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/viviclot/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 22

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/viviclot/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 24

Contact with hoster:

(9:46:35pm)marcello:Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/viviclot/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 22 

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/viviclot/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 24 
(9:47:05pm)Josh H.:I am working on this for you. 
(9:49:11pm)Josh H.:Can you please take a look now? 
(9:49:46pm)marcello:yes it works 
(9:49:55pm)marcello:did you reboot the server or mysql service? 
(9:50:12pm)marcello:i can think of that myself .. but it doesnt solve my problem 
(9:50:18pm)marcello:i want to know WHY it happend 
(9:50:19pm)Josh H.:The mysql 
(9:50:28pm)marcello:for future prevention 
(9:50:38pm)Josh H.:There was a heavy load spike. 
(9:50:57pm)marcello:caused by .. ? 
(9:51:44pm)Josh H.:Traffic, it is hard to say, most likely traffic 
(9:52:40pm)marcello:i dont understand currently 4 visitors online 
(9:52:47pm)marcello:how can that take down my whole site 
(9:53:22pm)Josh H.:It is hard to say without a monitor watching we can install a snapshot if you like and if it happens again we will know exactly what it was 
(9:53:37pm)marcello:yes please do this! 
(9:53:41pm)marcello:i need to know 
(9:53:54pm)marcello:because if its happening again i still dont know why and i cant fix it 

Well soon we will find out if its the software (Cubecart) or not ... if so i want my refund ... reason why i stopped using Opencart was also too much downtime and checkout problems ... i swtiched also hosting providers so that was not the issue.

I guess i am ready for Magento ...

If you're having problems with software load on a server with CubeCart, you will have no chance with Magento! CubeCart does not have a high load on the server. My guess it's the hosting packages you are chosing, you get what you pay for. Can you tell us what hosting package you are using?

Opencart didnt have those problems as Cubecart is giving, so the hosting package is not the problem in here. I have a dedicated server with high hadrware specs and i pay a good price for it and it is a good hoster.

However we didnt get problems with Opencart so the only thing i can think of is the software ... on the same hosting package with opencart and 5.000 more products it was FASTER and SQL was NEVER down. However opencart has other issues.

Hosting specs:

â—¦Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz
â—¦100 Mbps Uplinkâ—¦16 GB DDR3 Memory
â—¦1 TB RAID-1 Drives
â—¦10 TB Bandwidth
â—¦Up to 5 Dedicated IPs

Dedicated Linux LAMP server.

Beside this i am a professional freelancer in Linux and Windows environments so technically i know what i am doing. I run webshops for my wife she is running them as a business.

And BTW Magento runs smoothly i tested before, but didnt go for it yet ... if cubecart can hold it without errors and downtime i am very happy with Cubecart.

Yes as mentioned above copy and paste from my hosting chat i had they will monitoring it now ... when it is happening again they will let us know.

I dont know if you have experienced this with other customers or did a test by your self, but we have over 11.000 products with 40.000 images and around 600 unique visitors a day ... it might be a first stress test user with this kind of traffic / database / products ... cubecart might not build for this.

Opencart was the same unless you buy mods and it works perfectly. However it has other big issues for us to look for an alternative. I like cubecart very much, because out of the box it has all features i am looking for without buying mods, but if its unstable it will become usless for us.

Lets see what the monitoring will do ...

Yes we use caching and the caching in Cubecart is different then Opencart. Opencart was also terrible, but when i bought a great cache mod it works fast and stable.

Cubecart has caching enabled, but it doesn't cache everything like Oepncart did with the mod (the mod for caching in opencart was better and more compressed).

I also bought a google speed module for cubecart, but Google until now still didnt response or approve our application and we are one week further so i can not test it yet if its improving or not.