system error log

matchattaxoutlet

Can anyone shed any light on this error message?

File: [gui.class.php] Line: [914] "SELECT * FROM `cc4_CubeCart_inventory` JOIN (SELECT CEIL(RAND() * (SELECT MAX(`product_id`) FROM `cc4_CubeCart_inventory`)) AS `product_id`) AS `r` USING (`product_id`) WHERE " - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

It appeared dozens of times in the space of 5 mins. Been on to my hosting company and they said there is no problem at their end.

I had a customer online at the time and his basket got wiped, he didn't come back!!!

Hi Dirty Butter, thanks for taking a look.

I think the reference in the comment to cc4 is due to the fact my sql database is called xxxx_cc4

Are you aware of any limits on the number of items in a customers basket? On cc4 i found that if anyone added more than 250 individual items then as soon as they left the basket it would empty. A very frustrating scenario and during the time these errors appeared there was a customer online who may have added many items. This though may be totally unrelated.

I'm not the one to answer your question about the basket limit. Sorry. But the fact that your database has cc4 in it certainly makes me believe it is an upgrade from v4 to v5. That may explain any odd behavior you find, so it's an important piece of information to know definitely one way or another.

This is probably the query that chooses a random product to show in the Featured Product box. The random product is chosen from all products that are in stock* and enabled*. (These restrictions are bypassed when an admin is touring the store.)

If, for some reason, CubeCart has decided that no product can be shown, there will be a missing expression in the WHERE clause of the query:

* Hide Out-of-Stock products

* Exclude disabled products

Also (but won't cause the SQL error):

* Exclude products that its primary category is disabled

* Product must have an image (bug)

* Will try twenty times to get a product