Resolved - recaptcha issue

admin@batterydoctor.com.au

Hope someone can advise how to fix this.

I noticed a few months ago suddenly my reCaptcha developed an issue.

kept on coming up with the following  error and would not let my customers pass. :

The following errors were detected:

• The verification code was incorrect. Please try again.

I couldn`t sort it out so i disabled reCaptcha in admin.

I then got a large increase in those annoying robot registrations.

I thought i would try fresh known working code for my "Contact form" and just pasted it in.

That was a mistake!

It has now doubled up this form on the font end of the website and has also added the reCaptcha in admin as well as you can see in the pics attached.

and it won`t let me  reverse this now.

even when i delete the code and try to use the save button , it does nothing.

I have no working contact form now.

any clues?

thanks everybody for reading.

"I thought i would try fresh known working code for my "Contact form" and just pasted it in."

Pasted it in to where?

In admin, Contact Form, General tab, the appearance of the recaptcha is very strange. There is no reason for it to be here. The code for the recaptcha could be showing up here (again, most weird) if you pasted the HTML to the whole form into the editor box on the Content tab.

The Content tab says, "It is possible to add extra information to the contact section of the store such as phone numbers and postal addresses using the rich text editor below." (Emphasis mine.)

So, if you entered anything in the editor box, please delete it.

We can start looking for the problem with the reCaptcha elsewhere.

Thanks guys,

I pasted some html contact form code directly into the content box.

I immediately realised that was a mistake because it is for extra info.only.

I can delete the text out of the content box but the save button is unresponsive so it wont update.

I don`t remember the recaptcha showing like it is now in admin on the page.

Tthe second issue,  was what forced me to look at reCaptcha in the first place. It wouldn`t allow customers past it in shop front, both on the contact us page and also during checkout.

There were zero sales during that time so I had to disable reCaptcha to get it working again.

I asked our hosts if anything had changed and they  indicated that they had installed  a "mod-security update which  may have blocked your site."

But they told us they "created an exception to eliminate that ruleset from your site."

the reCaptcha is still broken thouhgh.

"I can delete the text out of the content box but the save button is unresponsive so it won't update."

Wow!

In the file /controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php, near line 2, find:

if(!defined('CC_DS')) die('Access Denied');

After that line, add:

$contact = $GLOBALS['config']->get('Contact_Form');
unset($contact['description']);
$GLOBALS['config']->set('Contact_Form', '', $contact);

Visit any page in admin (such as the dashboard). After which, restore the file you just edited.

Remind us of the web address where we can see the reCaptcha failing?

Thanks bsmither, that solved the contact us form issue and is back to normal. thank you so much!

genius.

Would love to see if i can get the re-Captcha going now if possible.

I am getting so many robot registrations it is not funny.

When re-Captcha form is filled in and the "Send messages" button is pressed, It hangs for a few moments and then refreshes the page and  throws that error...

Interestingly, after i have tried a few times, i disable re-Captcha in admin and then immediately if i go to the store front, the messages are  sent successfully.

Is anyone able to help with this issue, i am getting swamped now with spam customer registrations because my reCaptcha stopped working so I had to disable it.

Should i be looking at the cart or could it be a server issue?

When re-Captcha form is filled in and the "Send messages" button is pressed, It hangs for a few moments and then refreshes the page and  throws that error...

When i activate reCaptcha  it it is two words like normal.

The problem is that it will not allow the customer through even when the the correct words are typed in. It acts like a brick wall so i had to turn it off.

Can it be a security setting with my host?

I have re-Captcha working on another site ok.

Strange - my Recaptcha is always two words to decipher - I hate it and would love to use Nucapcha instead, but never have been able to work out how to use their free code. I use the Wordpress plugin version for our plushmemories.com if you'd like to see it in action.

so.... the plushmemories.com site is a cubecart store? Is installing this wordpress plugin into cubecart difficult?

No, plushmemories.com is a wordpress blog, and I'm using a Wordpress Nucaptcha plugin for the captcha.

BUT Nucaptcha offers open source code to add their captcha to ANY site - I just don't have the expertise to do it. I asked for help at one time on the 3rd party forum with incorporating the Nucaptcha code into my CC site, with no takers.

more...

PHP Notice:  cURL Error (28): getpeername() failed with errno 57: Socket is not connected in /usr/home/batterydoctor/WWW/store/classes/request.class.php on line 250, referer: http://www.batterydoctor.com.au/store/index.php?_a=confirm
Edited by Dirty Butter
Edited posts to put text in quote box

It appears this may have been a curl issue and has now been resolved.

I have no other details except the following from our hosts who kindly did a fix.

"reloaded/recompiled the curl interpreter "

the issue was a known bug from the following link

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/180942