Link blog to the store

zznic

Good afternoon,

I tried to sear in the forum but couldn't find anything, hope this is a new request. At the moment I have my main page www.caranx.net opening on my blog and the store is at www.caranx.net/store. For SEO porpouses and to drive the traffic in a better way I'd like the page to open with the store and have the blog linked to the page in a visible way, I mean not hidden somewhere. 

I was looking inside the panel but I don't sem to be able to find a way to do so, can anybody help?

Thanks in advance, regads

Nicola

Hi DB thanks for the reply. I activated the Blog in the SEO but there's no link showing up in the store page. I then created a category and put the Blog link there but is a tad hidden and there's a bit too much of clicking for my taste, what I was looking for was a direct link to the blog that could show somewhere on the page. Any chance to do that?

Regards, ciao

Nicola

OK, I was doing something quite wrong, like putting the wrong url. With http works fine now, is there any way to do something similar with the categories so I can have it in the left column?

thanks a lot for your help, ciao

Nicola

I forgot that the documents show in the footer in Kurouto. Sorry.

I don't know how to add it to Categories, and I'm not sure that's even possible.

The easiest way would be to use the Sale Items box you already have and use the div to create a hard coded section for your blog just above the {if $PRODUCTS} in skins/box.sale_items.php Something like this:

<div id="sale_products">
  <h3>Yesterday's Memories</h3>
<br/>
<a href="http://yesterdaysmemories.dirtybutter.com/">Share Memories on our Blog</a>
</div>

Or you might prefer

<div id="sale_products">
  <h3><a href="your blog url">Your Blog Name</a></h3>
</div>

• 8 months later...

I'm looking to add a Blog about my products and link to it from my Cubecart so look out for my next barrage of questions :)

I guess the best way is to use a Wordpress blog ? or is there a Cubecart version I have not seen ??

Of course I would like Greyprint.co.uk/Blog

I know of a store that uses a category's Description to hold a lot of information - none of it pertaining to any category of product. This "category" is listed in the store's navigation (Shop By Category box). They also have removed the "No products in this category" message. (They could have used a Site Document, but getting the list of certain documents to show in the navigation while keeping the standard Site Docs - T&C, Privacy, About - listed where they belong proved cumbersome.)

With SEO URLs, the category that would be your "blog" would be greyprint.co.uk/blog.html

Of course, it depends how feature-rich you want your blog to be: list of five most recent postings, customer participation, list of posting groups (by month?), etc.

Other than customer participation, I think the category and sub-category approach may work.

Thanks Brian, that's an excellent suggestion.

I just want a way to post images, with some explanatory text about how I have made a particular product (which is tied to the main site by domain) as doing this via social network sites is all well and good but at the end onf the day I have no full control over those platforms.

I was also hoping to same the same look/feel as the rest of the site so your suggestion is spot on :)

.. and from what you say it sounds like you were involved in that creation too.. outstanding.