Resolved - Can't get past "transferring, please wait"

adamsymonds88

Hi everybody,
I'm a new user, been searching for a while for a solution but can't find one yet.

After selecting payment method in the checkout process, I get a little progress bar saying "transferring, please wait" It does nothing at this stage.

If you press the proceed button, it loops back to the select payment method page.

Word of warning, don't put anything sensitive in there if you're testing. I've no SSL in place at the minute.

Does anybody have a solution for this? Sorry if it's already been covered, I have searched.

Website is www.geekcore.co.uk

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam

Have you tried the exact same process but using a standard unaltered skin to see if you get the same results ? This type of problem is typical of coding errors in a customised skin, so testing like this is the first thing we always do when our clients have problems like this.

Another thread (that unfortunately has been prematurely locked before the reason could be added) is http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/47638-paypal-checkout-major-problem-with-usa-customers/ Having to click on the "Proceed" button in order to get taken to PayPal and also the problems reported with the county / state fields for countries that have zones set up for them (ie that problem is likely to have affected plenty of other countries and not just USA) is caused by javascript conflicts as both of these pieces of functionality use javascript.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Adam

Have you tried the exact same process but using a standard unaltered skin to see if you get the same results ? This type of problem is typical of coding errors in a customised skin, so testing like this is the first thing we always do when our clients have problems like this.

Another thread (that unfortunately has been prematurely locked before the reason could be added) is http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/47638-paypal-checkout-major-problem-with-usa-customers/ Having to click on the "Proceed" button in order to get taken to PayPal and also the problems reported with the county / state fields for countries that have zones set up for them (ie that problem is likely to have affected plenty of other countries and not just USA) is caused by javascript conflicts as both of these pieces of functionality use javascript.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. I've just tried with a stock skin and it works fine.

Where would the code be which would affect this?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best Wishes

Adam

Hi Ian,

I've sorted it now.
I needed different sections of the site to have different designs, so my main.php directs to different variations of the main.php file .
The problem was with one of those files, like you say. I just stripped it down to bare basics for the "checkout" and "gateway" pages. It seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for the help :)
It's good to know where the problem stemmed from.

All the Best
Adam

• 3 weeks later...