Bulk Price Update

jeffers

Hi

CC5

I have about 1600 products on the website and I would like to update about 500 of them.

They are at present sitting in an access database with the prices updated and I can generate a CSV from the  access database.

I have tried it with a just a few thinking it would overwrite the existing entries but it merely duplicates them.

Can anyone help?

Best Regards

Jeffres

CubeCart is not programmed to replace existing records with imported records (when the product_id values match).

In phpMyAdmin, you can import a CSV file (assuming you know what you are doing) and in the Import dialog box, check the box for "Replace table data with file." (This comes from a book, Mastering phpMyAdmin 3.4.)

If you are only updating one or a few columns for each of the 500 records, then you would be much better off creating a .sql file from the csv file which specifically does the updates and then executing those UPDATE statements through phpMyAdmin

The general form of the command you need to use to update a single row's column:

UPDATE my_table SET my_column='new value' WHERE something='some value';

Thanks

Ian