Resolved - Upgraded to 5.2.3 - "Category" Tab missing under &#

gazza101

Hi Team

I did my best to search for this information, first thinking that this Tab may have been removed as part of the update, but...  Then I thought, "Why would it? Its needed..."

Anyway, straight forward problem is that the "Category" Tab is missing from both "Edit a Product" function and "Add a Product" Function.

I could add a Product to a  Category to via "Assign to Category" - but a very roundabout way of doing it....

Screenshot attached.

Regards

Gary

The Translations tab is missing, too. I haven't upgraded from 5.2.2 yet, but I understand there's supposed to be a way to set Google Product Category. I would have assumed that would be from the Product Listing. If so, that means you're missing at least two tabs, and possibly three tabs.

Please create your signature, indicating what you upgraded from, as well as your general setup. Directions are in my signature.

"The Translations tab is missing, too."

I think from the Products List, one may add a translation -- in that case, a whole new form is presented.

But when adding, there is no Translations tab. Only by going back and editing a product will there be a Translations tab.

"Category tab is missing from Add/Edit Product screens."

This is a bug fix, but wasn't implemented completely.

In the file /admin/sources/products.index.inc.php, near line 756, find this part of the statement:

$lang['settings']['title_category']

Change it to:

$lang['settings']['title_categories']

Thanks Heaps.

I now have a "Category" tab!!

FYI - "Translation" tab only viewable when editing, not adding.

For the benefit of all...

admin/sources/products.index.inc.php

// Add content tabs
		$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_pricing'], 'pricing');
		$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['title_categories'], 'category');
		$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_options'], 'Options');
		$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['settings']['title_images'], 'image');
		$GLOBALS['main']->addTabControl($lang['catalogue']['title_digital'], 'digital');

CC523 fixes about 10-15 bugs (that I was able to identify in the bug tracker before it was taken down). But there are dozens more bugs that didn't get included in the CC523 release.

So, when you ask, "Should I wait for a bug fixed version," I have to reply with, "There will be no bug-free version." (Unless you were referring to just this one new bug.)

On October 2, 2013, Devellion released CC523(a). [My suffix.]

It backsteps the "Categories" bug, adds the new /images/source/index.php file to a list of files and folders to be checked for proper permissions during setup, and uses a "recursive delete" function to properly process a folder when upgrading from CC4 to CC5.

Why not just call it 5.2.4 so the backend notices there's an upgrade available. 

If I hadn't visited the forum I would have not immediately noticed there was a problem with the Category tab.  I probably would have opened a support ticket upon discovery (perhaps in a few weeks) only to be told there was a bug with 5.2.3.

So anyone like I do, who downloads the upgrade almost immediately to explore at my leisure before upgrading, should re-download.

The best way is to go to Maintenance | Upgrade and then force an upgrade as that downloads and installs the latest version from the CubeCart website

Why not just call it 5.2.4 so the backend notices there's an upgrade available. 

If I hadn't visited the forum I would have not immediately noticed there was a problem with the Category tab.  I probably would have opened a support ticket upon discovery (perhaps in a few weeks) only to be told there was a bug with 5.2.3.

I completely agree and dont understand why a new minor version isnt released - standard upgrade procedure is minor releases for any bug fixes that dont include new functionality !

• 2 weeks later...