Upgrade to 5.2.4 — need to delete "setup" folder but can&#39

jvbh

Hi — I just upgraded to the latest version (using the one-click upgrade in cubecart) — I'm now getting the warning message to "delete setup folder from your store directory," but I can't find it. I'm logged in to the site via FTP and have done a search of the remote site files for "setup," but nothing comes up. Is it possible that the one-click install would have deleted the setup folder automatically, or could it have another name? Other than that, everything seems to be working properly.  

Beginning with CC524 CC523, CubeCart, on the first entry into the admin whenever the Dashboard is to be displayed, will attempt to delete the /setup/ folder. The /setup/ folder is in the main folder, along with index.php and admin.php. If it's not in the main folder, then we can assume CubeCart successfully deleted it.

However, a successful deletion should have caused CubeCart to not issue this warning.

Thanks — I logged out and back in again, and the warning message still comes up; no sign of the folder on the remote site, though. I'm wondering if it might be

- a "default" warning message showing up, even though the file is removed - possibly a bug with new version?

- "setup" folder (or just the record of its presence) somehow cacheing on the site - is this possible?

- a problem with the upgrade, even though it said it was successful

If I go to upgrade again, the cpanel gives the option to "force upgrade," with the message " Please click force upgrade to restore to the default code for this version." — does that mean it will just re-run the upgrade process, or will I lose anything from my site by restoring the default code? Just want to be sure...

Many thanks for the help!

I don't see this as a bug. The code is plain and straightforward.

Let me just suggest that you look again. Make sure you are looking at the correct site (if you have more than one).

This is line 30 of /admin/sources/dashboard.inc.php:

if ($glob['installed'] && file_exists(CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.'setup')) {

The result of the PHP function file_exists() is cached, but only for the current PHP execution. (Disclaimer: when PHP shuts down and restarts may be different from server to server and installation to installation.) So, let's try this, on a line above line 30, add:

clearstatcache();

NOTE:

I have just come to realize that CubeCart has backstepped out of attempting to delete the setup folder, if it exists, when executing the dashboard code.

In CC524, if /setup/ exists, you will get an error message.

Hi, once again for me is impossible to upgrade from the control panel, is there any "Upgrade for dummies" sort of help guideline? Do I need to highlight the fact that I'm a complete dork when it comes to these kind of things (and others for that matter ... :-) ) 

Thanks in advance

ciao

Nicola

Realize that an "upgrade", no matter what method you manage to do it, is a complete overwriting of common files. That is, the global config file, images, etc, are not overwritten.

Download the installation package from cubecart.com to your computer, unzip it, fix a bug, then use a program to FTP all the files and folders to your site.

The installation package will have the setup folder, and CubeCart, when you try to run it, will immediately go to the setup installer. Choose "Upgrade".

CubeCart 5.2.4 may have a file in the /setup/scripts/upgrade/ folder named 5.2.5. You should rename that to 5.2.4 before FTPing the files to your server.

Hi Nicola

I am not familiar with that error but it sounds like either your access to the CubeCart servers is being blocked which seems unlikely or the ability to save the zip file containing the 5.2.4 files cannot be saved which could be a hosting / account permissions issue.

Incidentally, the versions of PHP, MySQL and Apache that are running on the server where your website is hosted are extremely old and contain a large number of known security issues.

Thanks

Ian

For that error message to show, the PHP installation must have cURL blocked by the host. If so, fsockopen() must also fail. If so, file_get_contents() must also fail.

CubeCart would really not perform very well if all these functions were in some way hindered.

So, we will blame the repository with not answering when the request was made.

Hi All,

We removed the auto delete for a number of reasons in 5.2.4.

1. Some customers uploaded the new version then logged in to admin before running setup then didn't understand the 404 error. :)

2. Development stores continually deleted the setup folder and it kept getting removed from version control. 

A better solution in the future would be to add password authentication to the setup system if an install is detected.