Resolved - CCNOW Payment gateway error need update from cubecart

masterunix

Hello All,

I am having troubles using the CCNOW module. When you try to checkout with this module i get the following error:

ERROR: 36: amount mismatch: 20.90 <> 10.95

This means CCNOW gateway only receive the product price and not the shipping price.

I have sent an email to CCNOW helpdesk and i got the following response:

The amount mismatch error is because the Cubecart shopping cart is sending "x_amount: 10.95" when it should be sending "x_amount: 20.90". 10.95 is for the product + 9.95 for shipping).

This module may be out of date (it is not supplied by us). Perhaps CubeCart can offer support on this issue if you purchased the module from them? It is possible it is a setting in CubeCart, but I do not know their system.

Thanks,
-Matt

CCNow.com

So can any one help me to provide an updated CCNOW module?

I already sent a support ticket to Cubecart, but so far i didnt receive an answer.

Please share the right module with me if you can help me or smart coders help me out to debug?

Thanks all!

Please let us know the exact version of CC5 you are using.

As of CC522, the code in the ccNow module sends the basket['total'] as 'x_amount', so we will need to discover if CubeCart has not added shipping even before the module is chosen as the method of payment.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable Debug Mode and enter your computer's IP address in the field (www.whatismyip.com).

You will now be seeing a grey area below your pages. We will be looking for the 'basket' array shortly.

Using a dummy customer account, please create an order and take that order all the way through the checkout process just before you get to the gateway.

In the grey area, find the SESSION, _basket group. There will be the basket sub-total, the shipping, and the total. Please verify that these values are correct.

Hello bsmithers,

I found the debug options and i see the gray arrea in footer/bottom of the page ...

How and what do need to check if the values are correct? I am not a programmer ... i want the new updated module ... :(

BTW i found this values:

'total_price_each' => '24.95'
'tax_each' => false
'weight' => '0.000'
'discount' => '0.00'
'subtotal' => '24.95'
'total_tax' => '0.00'
'total' => '34.90'

those are correct ... there is just something need to be updated in the module and i dont know what, because i am not a programmer. 

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable Debug Mode and enter your computer's IP address in the field (www.whatismyip.com).

You will now be seeing a grey area below your pages. We will be looking for the 'basket' array shortly.

Using a dummy customer account, please create an order and take that order all the way through the checkout process just before you get to the gateway.

In the grey area, find the SESSION, _basket group. There will be the basket sub-total, the shipping, and the total. Please verify that these values are correct.

You are running CC522 and the module has not changed since. We need to discover where the problem is within CubeCart -- it may not be the module's fault.

As I said, log in as a customer, place an item in the basket, begin checking out, and once CubeCart has a shipping address, there will be the shipping charges listed in the order overview.

Then, in the grey area, find the _basket section. Compare the values with what you should be seeing.

We won't be doing any programming -- yet.

The settings are fine.

Also shipping:

'shipping' =>

'offset' => 1
'name' => 'Local Post Package'
'value' => '9.95'
'tax_id' => 2

If you can open the ccnow plugin and check with me what can be wrong i can do some changes with ssh ... i am a linux expert so modifying a module i have no problems with, but programming its really not my thing.

Please help us out with this :)

PS: I never used CCNOW before ... i use other gateways so i am sure its CCNOW plugin that needs an update. All other payment gateways working fine.

You are running CC522 and the module has not changed since. We need to discover where the problem is within CubeCart -- it may not be the module's fault.

As I said, log in as a customer, place an item in the basket, begin checking out, and once CubeCart has a shipping address, there will be the shipping charges listed in the order overview.

Then, in the grey area, find the _basket section. Compare the values with what you should be seeing.

We won't be doing any programming -- yet.

In the file ccNow/gateway.class.php, at line 91, find:

return (isset($hidden)) ? $hidden : false;

On a line just above that, add:

trigger_error("ccNow POST data:n" . print_r($hidden, true));

Either put the ccNow module in TEST mode, or be ready to cancel the order from within your ccNow account control panel.

Place an order.

Then, in admin, Error Log, find the item that was just entered here regarding the order.

Look for:

'x_product_unitprice_0'

'x_amount'

'x_shipping_amount'

No errors in admin error log only system error log and i cant see anything you described below.

We are a serious webshop and we need to migrate to CCNOW asap. If you think your able to help me, please pm me and we can agree a freelance project.

I dont think Cubecart support is able to help since i dont get any response at all.

We pay for cubecart license, cubecart is providing CCNOW out of the box and this doesnt work at all! (Shame).

If no help from here i need to hire freelancer anyway i am unable to fix it myself.

In the file ccNow/gateway.class.php, at line 91, find:

return (isset($hidden)) ? $hidden : false;

On a line just above that, add:

trigger_error("ccNow POST data:n" . print_r($hidden, true));

Either put the ccNow module in TEST mode, or be ready to cancel the order from within your ccNow account control panel.

Place an order.

Then, in admin, Error Log, find the item that was just entered here regarding the order.

Look for:

'x_product_unitprice_0'

'x_amount'

'x_shipping_amount'

CubeCart Support doesn't normally answer support tickets on weekends from what I've seen.

Thats great, but my clients / customers do not wait until Cubecart is awake and providing support.

Business is on going 24/7.

We NEED this module to work, so either Cubecart provide support or i need to hire someone.

Its very URGENT.

Problem solved by my programmer (topic can be closed).

Hello Masterunix,

We are a very small company and we do not advertise 24/7 support so please don't be disappointed that we don't have this.

Recently I have worked on some very high profile ecommerce builds with global brands and they certainly don't get 24/7 support! Normal is 48 hours and we normally exceed that. Maybe we can build a support pricing model to support that in the future.

I have looked at your support ticket and the required changes (setting the shipping value to 0.00) has been added to source control for the next release. You can upgrade in the future without having to worry about this. 

Thanks for your kind understanding and I hope we can provide a faster service to you next time.

Are we to conclude that the processing at ccNow is at fault (for summing the provided shipping into the provided total which already includes shipping -- or subtracting out...)?

Their API documentation did not say what they are doing with the shipping.

Yes and no. ccNow do actually require the order inventory, tax and everything. We tried to do this at fist but had so many issues. Prices with tax, prices without tax, rounding, discounts etc.... For this reason like all our other payment integrations we send just the order id and amount. The shipping amount was not being sent and will only work if the value is set to zero.

After having a bit if experience working closely with payment companies often the ones who don't require you to have your own merchant account need to know the order details in order to evaluate risk. Certain good are far mire susceptible to fraud. Too much fraud and the payment company my face significant fines or risk closure altogether.