Where do I find mods for cubecart + CC capabilities

Iona

Hello

I am setting up a site using cubecart. I would like to add a video to the homepage, plus a revolving testimonials section and a mailchimp sign up form.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Also, can I use CC as my entire site? Can I add additional "pages" in documents and link to these from the homepage, via an image for instance? And if so, how do I do it?!!

I should say, I have a web developer working on the site (very, very slowly!) and he is advising I use Joomla to create these additional pages. They are pages containing free documentation to print off, and straight forward help pages (FAQ, How To, Find out more etc). There are already images on the homepage for the free content - but this currently links to Joomla.

The reason I am asking is because I am finding Joomla a nightmare to use! I think the latter is party because the developer has modified it in some way, making all the online lessons I took pointless! I think it has something to do with the menus. In CC I have my products in a menu on the left and the developer has installed another menu at the top - Homepage / Free content / Shop / Help / Login/out / Contact.

Home & Shop are the CC hompage. And Login/Contact are also linking to within CC (and are present in the CC layout - so there's two links to each on the hompage which isn't neccessary albeit not a major problem).

So it just leaves Free Content & Help. 

I just wonder if there's a way to create these documents in cubecart as it seems daft to have to operate 2 sets of software. If I add in a product category for instance in CC, I have to go to Joomla and add it to the "cubecart menu" there.

The developer says it is necessary because CC is not a Content Management system.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Iona

Also, can I use CC as my entire site? Can I add additional "pages" in documents and link to these from the homepage, via an image for instance? And if so, how do I do it?!!

Maybe I can help with this one. Take a look at our site http://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog at the "Do You Think Plush Friends Are Important?" link. Is this somewhat what you are looking for? If so, that is stock CC. It's created by marking that document as NOT showing document link on storefront - then hard coding the link into main.php. The links within that page are also hidden documents created in CC.

I should probably add that this store does not use a stock skin.

Thank you. So, if I create a document and keep it hidden (by NOT showing on storefront) where can I find the link? Or the URL to that document?

And also, what is the URL box for in the "General" tab when you create a document?

Thank you for your time on this.

"I would like to add a video to the homepage, plus a revolving testimonials section and a mailchimp sign up form."

Please peruse the third-party forum for those features.

"Also, can I use CC as my entire site?"

I would think so, depending on the sophistication of your needs.

"Can I add additional "pages" in documents and link to these from the homepage, via an image for instance?"

(The SEO feature must be enabled.) When a document is being created, you can add a "friendly" name that serves as its web address. For example: 'Making Soup'. You can use this as the link placed in another document: /making_soup.html. When creating the document, you can insert images into the body.

"The developer says it is necessary because CC is not a Content Management system."

CubeCart is not the best platform for a CMS, but it can be used as one. You just need to think outside the design parameters (the box, so to speak). A spreadsheet can be used as a wordprocessor and as a database, but it's certainly not the best tool for those jobs.

As I understand it, the URL text entry box allows for CubeCart to use that web address as the link to the document. Thus, you can have external/ancillary documents associated with CubeCart.

Otherwise, the standard URL for a document is:

/index.php?_a=doc&doc_id=9

If you have the SEO feature turned on, CubeCart will automatically create a friendly URL or you can specify one, my_custom_webaddress:

/title_of_document.html

/my_custom_webaddress.html

OK, so for instance, my "Help" page. I've set up a document called "Help" and have set it to show on the homepage (I don't have a CC menu at the top, so this appears in the footer alongside T&C etc)

I've set up other documents called, "Find out more about our products" & "How do I open my files" and hidden them from the store front. 

Back in my "Help" page, I've listed all my help topics including the two above.

I would then highlight the text for "Find out more about our products" and link to: 

my_custom_webaddress:/Find out more about our products.html/my_custom_webaddress.html

Will give that a go!

For what I need, (Just help pages & free content pages) I think CC will be fine and I don't really need the headache of Joomla.

Thank you sooo much (once again). 

I worked out its: my_custom_web_address/find-out-more-about-our-products.html

Also, that you need to "tick" to activate the page otherwise it won't show and have you scratching your head some more!!

Ionax