Zend & ioncube ?

I wouldn't worry about which to use. I don't believe you will see any performance difference or have anything else to be concerned about. Which ever you choose to install please make sure that the includes/global.inc.php file has the correct value set.

If you have ioncube installed:

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

If you have zend installed:

$glob['encoder'] = 'zend';

Hope that helps. 

Hello,

sorry if I reply in this thread but since it's related to the same question/file ...

I downloaded v 5.2.4 and as far as I can see there is no /includes/global.inc.php but one called includes/global.inc.php-dist

(the content seem to be the same)

Could you please clarify - could I just change the name to .php ...?

Thanks,

cicki

During installation, CubeCart will make a global.inc.php file and fill it with the information you provide during the install.

CubeCart is not an application that can be unzipped and used right away. It needs to go through an installation sequence.

I would say the global.inc.php-dist file is included for no reason other than to provide a clue to developers.

During installation, CubeCart will make a global.inc.php file and fill it with the information you provide during the install.

CubeCart is not an application that can be unzipped and used right away. It needs to go through an installation sequence.

I would say the global.inc.php-dist file is included for no reason other than to provide a clue to developers.

Thanks a lot for your answer! (I'm still waiting for the provider to fully install Zend before continue the installation but had met this problem on another CC site so wanted to be prepared :))