Force new customers to register?

vidmarc

We need to be clear about your needs:

* The registration/login page is the landing page for your site?

* Prices are hidden until logged in (prevents purchasing)?

* Disallow the 'ghost' customer to checkout?

By 'landing page', I mean when a visitor first arrives at your site, they reach the log-in page first, and will stay there until logged in, before seeing your Homepage.

Sorry, I don't think I'm asking my question clearly. If I type dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog in the address bar, I'm taken to the homepage. Where does your store url land you? Maybe it would help to have your store url? (don't put the http part or the editor here will make it hard to see what I'm trying to see).

Ok, so item #3 is what we will try to accomplish:

In the skin template file (we will use CC522 Kurouto for this experiment) content.checkout.confirm.php, find near line 27:

{else}
  <div id="register">
    <p>{$LANG.account.already_registered} <a href="{$URL.login}">{$LANG.account.log_in}</a></p>
    <h2>{$LANG.account.your_details}</h2>

Before the <h2> tag, add {* with a space between it and the tag:

{*  <h2>{$LANG.account.your_details}</h2>

Near the bottom, find:

</fieldset>
    {include file='templates/content.recaptcha.php'}
  </div>
{/if}

After the </div> tag, add *} with a space between it and the tag:

</div> *}

When the visitor is at this stage: /index.php?_a=confirm, usually CubeCart shows an address form to fill out. That is now gone. Instead, the only thing showing (in addition to the basket contents) is, "Already Registered? Log In"

The "Already Registered?" phrase can be edited in the admin Language phrase editor to say, "Please" (so the whole of it says "Please Log In"), or "Customers must have an approved account. Please register or" (Log In).

You will need to find the similar statements in the skin you are actually using.

Let us know if this works for you.

OOPS! didn't notice Bsmither had posted while I was writing - HE ALWAYS trumps my attempts as far as I'm concerned.

that means your homepage is the landing page, not the Registration page. Mine is setup to not allow purchases without Registering, with no Ghost customers, but - it involves a skin edit. There is a way to keep skin edits from being overwritten on upgrades.

Look in your skin/templates/content.checkout.confirm.php for this line:

<div class="hidden"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

Notice how MINE shows the div class as hidden, rather than div class="select_register"...

AND just realized you have a Blueprint site, as do I. In that case the code will look a little different. Find

<p>
								<input type="hidden" name="redir" value="{$VAL_SELF}" />
								<input name="login" type="submit" value="{$LANG.account.log_in}" class="button" /> {$LANG.common.or} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=recover">{$LANG.account.forgotten_password}</a>
							</p>

Again you'll see I changed the input type to hidden.

• 9 months later...

Not used cubcart fo a very long time but

you can just add disabled="disabled"  to the code.  that will leave the checkbox checked by default but unable to uncheck.

In the content.checkout.confirm.php  template

<div class="select_register"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="0" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} disabled="disabled"  />

Right I have upgraded to the latest edition of CC after the upgrade all changes were wiped off as I played with the existing skin. Now I duplicated the Kuroto skin and called it "retailmania".

Did all my tweaks BUT, I can no longer hide tick box for the customers to force them to register!!!!!

<div class="hidden"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

I have this on all other websites and it works but not here. I really need help with this.

Thanks,

Peter

Having made changes to the skin, the case may be that Cubecart is still using a cached copy of a pre-processed version of that template file.

I suggest in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, to disable caching while tweaking a skin.

You have surrounded the input element with a div and gave it the class of "hidden". Perhaps your browser has not fetched an up to date copy of the skin's CSS file that has the "hidden" CSS rule defined.

Have checked on 3 different computers, cleared the cache on CubeCart on browsers code is there

But it still shows. Any idea www.bedfordprint.co.uk