Ghost Categories

northwalesinks

Hi

After i have upgraded from cubecart 4 to cubecart 5 i have got lot of ghost categories

In categories menu system in admin section, when i try to deleted them i get this message

The following errors were detected:
  • Failed to delete category, as it contains 1 or more subcategories.

But nothing in it at all it's blank

Sorry for all the questions i am asking on here.now

In the Categories list, if you hover the mouse cursor over the name of the category, there will be a tooltip that says, "This category contains 1 (or more) sub-categories."

If you click on the name, it will fetch and list all the children of that category.

(And I hope this is how CubeCart normally behaves and is not something I hacked into it.)

In the Categories list, if you hover the mouse cursor over the name of the category, there will be a tooltip that says, "This category contains 1 (or more) sub-categories."

If you click on the name, it will fetch and list all the children of that category.

(And I hope this is how CubeCart normally behaves and is not something I hacked into it.)

A Category with children shows as a link, and you are correct - a tooltip indicates how many children.

"I have a number of categories in the database not showing in the admin categories list."

Please be aware that the initial list shows "top-level" categories. The list will never show "all" categories as a choice. If all you have are top-level categories, then the list will be complete, in that there will be no sub-categories not included in the list.

The list will show all categories that have a specific "parent" (the top-level having a parent_id of zero).

"I have a number of categories in the database not showing in the admin categories list."

"The list is missing many categories from CubeCart 4 version I had before."

So the categories (top-level?) that were used in CC4 are still in the database table, but not showing in the admin list?

That is very odd. The categories not listed that are still in the database table, what is their parent_id?

Please be aware that the initial list shows "top-level" categories. The list will never show "all" categories as a choice. If all you have are top-level categories, then the list will be complete, in that there will be no sub-categories not included in the list.

The list will show all categories that have a specific "parent" (the top-level having a parent_id of zero).

HI 

Are you talking about this

cat_id cat_name cat_desc cat_parent_id cat_image

s_fulltext.png cat_id cat_name cat_desc cat_parent_id cat_image per_ship item_ship item_int_ship per_int_ship seo_meta_title seo_meta_description seo_meta_keywords cat_sefurl hide priority status dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 1 Cases-Storage Storage cases 0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Cases -  Storage Storage Storage DVD, CD cases, DJ cases,   0 8 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 2 CD Media <p>&nbsp;CDR, CD-R,&nbsp; blank media, blank discs... 0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 CD Blank Media CDR, CD-R, SVP, blank media, blank discs, blank ch... CDR, CD-R blank media, blank discs cd-r,   0 12 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 3 DVD Media DVDR, DVD-R, CDR, CD-R, blank media, blank discs, ... 0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 DVD Media DVDR, DVD-R, CDR, CD-R, blank media, blank discs, ... DVDR, DVD-R, CDR, CD-R, SVP, blank media, blank di...   0 11 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 4 Hardware   0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Hardware Hardware Hardware,   0 9 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 5 Ink Cartridges   0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Ink Cartridges Inks supplier of compatible and remanufactured ink... Inks supplier, compatible,  remanufactured ink car...   0 1 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 6 Paper and Labels   0   0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Paper and Labels photo paper  inkjet photo paper photo printer pape... photo paper, inkjet photo paper, photo printer pap...   0 5 1 dot.gif Edit dot.gif Copy dot.gif Delete 7 Printers Printers and labeling Printers 97

The category that has cat_id = 1 is "Cases-Storage". "Cases-Storage" has a cat_parent_id = 0, so it is a top-level category.

The category you say is not in the list Categories (but having a cat_parent_id of 1), is a child of "Cases-Storage".

In the Categories list, click the link that is Cases-Storage.

All the children of "Cases-Storage" will now be listed.

Tell us if there is a category you know should be listed here, but isn't.

================

If we are discussing the categories in your store at pcutile, then the "CATEGORIE" box on the storefront has "Spille", "Posters". etc, but not "Cases-Storage".

Are you looking at the correct database?

Oops! Wrong site.

If we are discussing the categories in your store at pcutile, then the "CATEGORIE" box on the storefront has "Spille", "Posters". etc, but not "Cases-Storage".

Are you looking at the correct database?

I think you're getting mixed up with the Italian site you're helping with. I don't know how you keep all this straight!!!

HI 

dot.gif170 ESET Smart Security <p>&nbsp;ESET Smart Security</p> 46  

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ESET Smart Security ESET Smart Security ESET Smart Security,  

0 170 1 dot.gif  171 Antivirus <p><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="fo... 31  

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Antivirus Antivirus Antivirus,   0 171 1 dot.gif 172 Antivirus <p>
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http...

Antivirus       0 1 1 dot.gif  173 test again <p>test again</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> 31

• 2 weeks later...

What category has a cat_id of 31? And is it enabled?

What category has a cat_id of 27? = Toners

What category has a cat_id of 31?  = blank text

What category has a cat_id of 30? = blank text

What category has a cat_id of 37?= DVD-RW ReWriters

What category has a cat_id of 38?= DVD+RW ReWriters

snapshot how it is listed 

In CubeCart admin, enter this directly into the web browser address bar:

www.northwalesinks.com/admin.php?_g=categories&action=edit&cat_id=31

If it has blank text as the Category Name, give it one.

Do the same for cat_id=30, and any other category that doesn't show up anywhere in CubeCart.