Basket keeps emptying for some customers.

srefault

Hi all

I've had customers reporting that they have their basket emptied everytime they try to check out or browse to another product.  This doesn't occur to me using my Desktop (Firefox 25) but does on the ipad.   The CC version is the latest, and this issue seems to have appeared upon installing that, although I had noticed sales were somewhat lower.

Obviously this is very serious, so I'd appreciate any help that can be offered - thanks.

Personally I can't get things to stay in the basket with my Ipad (IOS 7 *) nor my phone - HTC.  Firefox 25 / Windows 7 works fine.

I've had three emails from customers reporting this, plus a few friends that I've had try too.  The latter have tried using IE9

I'm not sure as to your policies on posting links to websites, so I've refrained from posting my site's address just yet.

EDIT: * That's using the desktop site as the link to the mobile site doesn't change anything.

Edited by srefault

Here is the cookie that your site is sending for a page request made at 17:44 UTC:

Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=snipped; expires=Tue, 22-Oct-2013 17:44:20 GMT; path=/; httponly

This cookie expires virtually instantaneously. The session id remains constant, but the code that creates the expiration time on the cookie needs examined.

A stock CubeCart gives the customer 60 minutes of inactivity (that's when the cookie expires -- 60 minutes from now) and is updated for every page request.

In CC524, /classes/session.class.php, line 36, make sure there is this:

private $_session_timeout = 3600;

Line 88 has this (note: comments):

//$this->_session_timeout = (ADMIN_CP) ? 3600 * 24 : 3600 * 1;

Line 596:

$this->set_cookie(session_name(),session_id(),time()+$this->_session_timeout);

Found this thread now. I already fixed it but this is rare situation, session expiration time set to 10 hours helped. Anyway going to investigate for further reasons if any.

Hi All, its Wednesday morning now here and I'll pick this up again now. Thanks the the pointer Brian. Hopefully I'll get this resolved this morning and post here what the issue was. 

hi Al & Milos

Can you post more details of the problem and solution - I assume the fix will be in 5.2.5 but without knowing how long before that is released, many will want to implement a solution immediately.

We have had quite a few requests to set the admin session expiration time to higher than 60 minutes but maybe these can be set via the store settings so store owners can decide for themselves ?

Thanks

Ian

hi Al & Milos

Can you post more details of the problem and solution - I assume the fix will be in 5.2.5 but without knowing how long before that is released, many will want to implement a solution immediately.

We have had quite a few requests to set the admin session expiration time to higher than 60 minutes but maybe these can be set via the store settings so store owners can decide for themselves ?

Thanks

Ian

As you can find In CC524 classes/session.class.php line below

//$this->_session_timeout = (ADMIN_CP) ? 3600 * 24 : 3600 * 1;

Just uncomment for one day admin session. Code is there to remind me to add this from admin area configurable. Please note it does not work on server admin disabled session time extension.