Shipping error with Fedex

Christopher Short

You have 78 customers (table records?) with names in the 'state' field in the CC_addressbook?

Do you think manual edits to the table data would be too much for you? If so, would you like to try the admin snippet? If so, send a PM with your email address.

FYI: A drop-down selector may show friendly phrases as choices, but the HTML (or javascript) will send the value attribute of the <option> tag for that choice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have 78 customers (table records?) with names in the 'state' field in the CC_addressbook?

Do you think manual edits to the table data would be too much for you? If so, would you like to try the admin snippet? If so, send a PM with your email address.

FYI: A drop-down selector may show friendly phrases as choices, but the HTML (or javascript) will send the value attribute of the <option> tag for that choice.

Where do I go to do this manual update? [email protected]

When I asked you to verify if your CC_addressbook table might have a name for the 'state' field for the account you are testing with, I meant for you to use a database management utility, such as phpMyAdmin (commonly found in your hosting control panel's toolkit), to access the database CubeCart is using.

Looking in the CubeCart_addressbook database table, take note of the state names. Then, look in the CubeCart_geo_zone table, and note the 'id' of those states. Back in the CubeCart_addressbook table, replace the names with the respective 'id'.

When I asked you to verify if your CC_addressbook table might have a name for the 'state' field for the account you are testing with, I meant for you to use a database management utility, such as phpMyAdmin (commonly found in your hosting control panel's toolkit), to access the database CubeCart is using.

Looking in the CubeCart_addressbook database table, take note of the state names. Then, look in the CubeCart_geo_zone table, and note the 'id' of those states. Back in the CubeCart_addressbook table, replace the names with the respective 'id'.

Well that explains it. I don't access my server other than through ftp. I will contact my host to see if I can access the database to look.

"I don't access my server other than through ftp."

If you have a hosting provider that does not provide you with a control panel, then in the email they sent you giving you your FTP details, there should also be details on how to access your database.

And if your hosting provider does not at least offer you phpMyAdmin in some fashion, we will need to find you a suitable desktop app to access your database.

Is the CubeCart_geo_zone table there as well, or is it in one of the cubecart folders?

Thanks everyone for the help. The issue was 2 thing-My password was incorrect(have to use production one not your login one) and the database did not update prior customers to a 2 letter state code. This was thought to be the number series that a new user showed up as but I had to change all prior users to the proper state abbreviation. Thanks again for the help.

"I had to change all prior users to the proper state abbreviation."

Looking in the CubeCart_addressbook database table, take note of the state names. Then, look in the CubeCart_geo_zone table, and note the 'id' of those states. Back in the CubeCart_addressbook table, replace the names (or whatever non-numeric thing may be in the state column) with the respective 'id'.

Please make sure there are numbers in the state column of the CC_addressbook table.

Good morning all. I'm back in the office now (albeit with no electricity so I am working from battery). It seems to me like this issue concerns the migration of customer addresses from v3/v4 to v5. I will raise an issue to get this tested and checked. We have suffered data inconsistency on state format in a number of regions of cubecart and in particular with upgrade. 

"I had to change all prior users to the proper state abbreviation."

Looking in the CubeCart_addressbook database table, take note of the state names. Then, look in the CubeCart_geo_zone table, and note the 'id' of those states. Back in the CubeCart_addressbook table, replace the names (or whatever non-numeric thing may be in the state column) with the respective 'id'.

Please make sure there are numbers in the state column of the CC_addressbook table.

Well, I would however I used 2 letter abbreviations as when I put the numbers in, the cart gave me the no shipping defined message. I put letters in, it works.

Good morning all. I'm back in the office now (albeit with no electricity so I am working from battery). It seems to me like this issue concerns the migration of customer addresses from v3/v4 to v5. I will raise an issue to get this tested and checked. We have suffered data inconsistency on state format in a number of regions of cubecart and in particular with upgrade. 

I was an upgrade from v3.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the issue with Fed Ex that every one seems to be having on the Thread. Is there a way to fix this problem? I am not computer educated at all. Could I possibly hire some one to correct the problem and pay via paypal? Once I activate the Fed Ex Module I get the error that the others are talking about. At some point Fed Ex did work for me but I do not understand why it stopped working. I think once the SSL certificate was transfered it caused this problem possibly. I also had hostgator install something called SOAP. Thank you much in advance for any help.