Recaptcha Field Not Loading in Explorer

Ben224

Hi Bsmither,

So I see from Firebug the following errors when I load the page

Blocked loading mixed active content "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1/jquery-ui.min.js"

I looked up 'mixed active content' if I understand correctly this refers to a mix of both HTTP and HTTPS content being served. Al has already commented that Cubecart uses mixed content so this appears to be normal. Would this not be resolved if the blocked URL were a HTTPS and not a HTTP? Is there a secure URL version for the js being requested and blocked?

Many thanks

In the files for your installed CubeCart store, find /js/common.html.

This is the contents of a stock CC522 file:

<!-- Load JavaScript last -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.7/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$STORE_URL}/js/plugins.php"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$STORE_URL}/js/common.js"></script>

This call uses the "https" protocol as a matter of course. And it calls the version 1.7.

These statements in the stock file do not match what was reported for the GET request.

Plus, not loading the jQuery-UI should not hamper GETting the recaptcha files as discussed above. Do you see the GET requests for the reCaptcha?

Of all the other things I asked you to edit or look at, please reply with you did or saw.

"The images are endorsements that feature on my site and don't reside my server."

Do you concur that you must do something about the external images -- such as using the HTTPS protocol?

"Al has already commented that Cubecart uses mixed content."

I cannot, at this time, agree with that statement. (Time to go exploring with SSL switched on.)

Hi,

Thanks again. I have now reached a resolve. Changing the common HTML paths to the HTTPS protocol removed the security issue with IE and Captcha is working as expected.

I've run another debug in firebug and there aren't any reported errors on the page.

Plus, not loading the jQuery-UI should not hamper GETting the recaptcha files as discussed above. Do you see the GET requests for the reCaptcha?

I hadn't seen a get request or at least I hadn't noticed one, debugging coding is not something I really understand or do well.

Do you concur that you must do something about the external images -- such as using the HTTPS protocol?

I have some small endorsements on my site which are served by the issuer of the endorsements if that makes sense, so in fact I have been given a line of code which loads an image from a third party site. The paths to these endorsements are HTTP and not HTTPS so essentially I don't have any control over the protocol that they are served by. Or do I? In any event these are clearly not the issue as Captcha is back and functioning.

Thanks once again for your patience and perseverance.

Hi, Yes I see all 8 gets under the Net tab.

Also:

In the file, includeslibrecaptcharecaptchalib.php, line 74, set skiplog to false for the next few tests. Also. make sure lines 38-40 look like (they have been this since 2011):

I have reinstated the original line of code.

Thanks for clarifying.