Customer not saved with Amazon Payment

designinggal

When an amazon payment is processed the customer is not entered into cubecart ... The order has 0 for the customer number.   This might be related to a Amazon user having the same email as a user in cubecart and they did not log into cubecart first.   So cubecart sees the duplicate email and fails to enter the customer into the database.   I notice on Paypal Express the user is warned that the email is already in use and makes you change it.   Also, and this might be related to more of the state / stateid problem.  The amazon user has his state show up as not selected when it should be a valid state.    I think there needs to be some patch for the Amazon checkout to get the state and convert it to a state number.   Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks,

Designingal

Thanks for doing this, I have high hopes for Amazon payments.   I also offer Paypal and it is working but has some issues i also hope get fixed.   This is in the plugin for paypal.   When someone pays with paypal,  there state name shows up in the address book and not their state number.   My database was converted from CC4 and all my state entries have correct numbers representing the state/province.   But now paypal in cc5 is putting names  back in .    

I think it would also be nice if someone uses these external gateways and a duplicate email comes back that we can just have a dummy email (unique of course) put in or have a easy way to fix this email duplicating problem.

Also, just to make cubecart the best, it would be nice to have the checkout buttons always above the list of products purchased in the cart rather than below.   The buttons also need a little more explanation and be more pronounced (not many skins yet to choose for better checkout)  so it says      ---> Checkout with MC/Visa/Amex Credit card --> big button ... then   use your Amazon account information for checkcout -->>    use Paypal ..     

Easy checkout helps.   Cubecart having Amazon is big for my site and I just want the experience to be good.    One more issue with Amazon checkout is that for IE10,  my website and amazon.com have to be in the safe site list under security options in IExplorer for amazon checkout to work.   Would be nice to if the cart could programically see this and shut off the amazon payment button,   Maybe a page (helper page) would help the user having problems.

Thanks again

I think it is that the paypal plugin is getting the address from paypal and it is in a text format and it is NOT converting it to a lookup number before storing it in cubecart v5.   My address book is fine it is only these recent paypal transactions that are not working.   If someone could just look the part over where a unregistered customer is coming back from paypal after approving the fee and the address state is not converted to a number before putting it into cubecart database.

Have you read this conversation (in its entirety)?
'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Also, this will help in a related matter.
'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
Post #25 (or #26) may fix this for you.

CubeCart does not get nor use any address sent from PayPal or Amazon (or so I believe).

In cubecart I put an item into the basket.   I am NOT logged in.  I go to view basket.   I then hit the paypal button and it takes me to paypal and my company name an logo is there which is nice.   I log into paypal and confirm the payment.    Paypal takes me back to the checkout page.  But this is the important part …. The cart now has my name , email and address in it …

So this goes to opposite of what you are saying happens.   

Now if I hit confirm on this page the order goes through.  

However if cubecart knows who I am based on checking the email that came from paypal I get the following error

The following errors were detected:That email address is already being used.

Please check that the defined shipping method is suitable and click "Checkout" or "Update Basket" to continue to payment.

So I have to put a different email in to get it to work.

I did put the fixes you had mentioned on the prior posts and this did fix a problem where paypal rejected the address (state problem) but I just want to make it clear that there is still one problem left here.  

This address that came from paypal needs the state to be converted before cubecart takes it or I end up with text in the state field which we know we do not want.  

Also it might be beneficial not to enter the customer in at all because the email address would then not show up as being a duplicate. 

The amazon checkout does this correctly as far as not putting the customer into cubecart.    The only problem with Amazon checkout is it does not put the state number into the shipping and billing of the order.  

I hope this is clear because it should point to where a fix can occur.

Thank you

"I log into paypal and confirm the payment. Paypal takes me back to the checkout page. But, this is the important part, the cart now has my name, email and address in it."

Wow. I have not seen any code in CubeCart that would do that.

Can you please specify which of the PayPal methods you have enabled? Would it be the Plugin (and the specific mode of that plugin - Website Payments Pro or Express Checkout or Direct Payments)? Or the Payment Gateway module (Website Payments Standard)?

I am using the plugin  and have enabled Website Payments Pro.   This allows me to take credit cards on the normal checkout.  This normal checkout is working fine because you have to log in or type your information in along with credit card number.   It is the paypal button that takes you to paypal website and then back to cubecart that is the one having problems.   It still works it just is causing me to go into the database and change states back to numbers.  Also I always end up with 4 or more address entries for the customer (even though all 4 are the same address)

PayPal Fix: (Amazon is still open)

Ok.. we integrated BillMeLater which meant that we had to use a new version of of the PayPal API. Some of the shipping variable have been depreciated. It can be fixed as follows:

Open modules/plugins/PayPal_Pro/website_payments_pro.class.php and find at around line 464:

$nvp_data = array_merge(array('SHIPTONAME' => sprintf('%s %s', $delivery['first_name'], $delivery['last_name']),
'SHIPTOSTREET' => $delivery['line1'],
'SHIPTOSTREET2' => $delivery['line2'],
'SHIPTOCITY' => $delivery['town'],
'SHIPTOSTATE' => $delivery['state_abbrev'],
'SHIPTOZIP' => $delivery['postcode'],
'SHIPTOCOUNTRY' => $delivery['country_iso'],
'SHIPTOPHONENUM'=> $billing['phone'], /* we don't have a delivery value for this */
'ADDROVERRIDE' => '1',
), $nvp_data);

Replace with:

$nvp_data = array_merge(array('PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME' => sprintf('%s %s', $delivery['first_name'], $delivery['last_name']),
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET' => $delivery['line1'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2' => $delivery['line2'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY' => $delivery['town'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE' => $delivery['state_abbrev'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP' => $delivery['postcode'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRY' => $delivery['country_iso'],
'PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOPHONENUM'=> $billing['phone'], /* we don't have a delivery value for this */
'ADDROVERRIDE' => '1',
), $nvp_data);

I've got myself muddled here as there seem to be a number of reported issues with Amazon and PayPal! I'll check the country code issue and try amazon today.

Well the fix does prevent multiple addresses from showing up and the order itself looks good(numbers for country and stated in both shipping and delivery),  but cubecart still adds the customer and the the addresses in the address_book still show up with state names and not state id codes.  .. Cant this just be fixed in the one function call to add a new address to always have a check on the state and country field?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem in CC v5 in the checkout with getting these two warnings:

The following errors were detected:
  • That email address is already being used.
Please check that the defined shipping method is suitable and click "Checkout" or "Update Basket" to continue to payment.

I get the email address warning after putting in my contact details, billing address, but before getting to the final payment screen (I use Paypal Pro and Authorize.net payment gateways, not that it matters as I don't make it that far). Basically, if a person is a previous customer, he can't make another purchase without having to log in. People should be able to make a purchase as a guest, event if they are a previous customer. In CC v3, I was able to checkout without registering or having to log in.

I'm not sure what's going on with the shipping warning. The shipping is showing ground by default, so is already selected for me, but still shows the message above.

Any idea on how to fix these?

Thanks,

Scott

I'm sure Devellion is working on the first, and the second should be an "advisory" (so that the customer does not overlook other, perhaps better, shipping choices), not a warning. That message, and that step in the checkout process, might be able to be bypassed, but I'm not sure it is a "bug", per se, more of an annoyance.

Please be aware that comparing your experiences with CC3 against your experiences with CC5 is moot. Devellion completely rewrote the codebase for CC5. Because of that, much of it's "user experience" is quite different.

Thanks for the response. It seems like the shipping method would be an easy fix, or maybe I missed a setting somewhere. When checking out, the left one is what it shows by default below, but I think should show the right one by default instead. With the right one, a message immediately comes up if you try to move on, which is a good thing.

ground.jpgplease-select.jpg

I hope that the "That email address is already being used." error message can be fixed, otherwise I won't be able to use CCv5.

Thanks again.

It should be possible to change the shipping from a drop down box to a list - this has been discussed elsewhere I think as a way to help people who require shipping to not choose free shipping meant for store pickup.

Or, as you suggest - default to Please Select - but then many customers would never look at the whole list of choices and STILL make a mess of the order.

I have been investigating the possibility of entering the Amazon customer into the customers database. Regrettably this isn't possible as the email address is not provided by Amazon during any stage of the checkout flow. We only get full name, telephone number and address. 

http://amazonpayments.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/ImplementationGuideXML_UK.pdf