NOT my first attempt at Cubecart

Guest twisted

I love the fact CubeCart waves goodbye to the side advertisment frame with its built in JavaScript.

Yep...now can ya just get it to stop pop-ups, brooky????!! :wub:

Mohamed...your site is very dark.

Yeah...I know...stating the obvious. <_<

Anyway...couple of suggestions.

in the file images/makethumb.txt, change

$gd_version="1";

to

$gd_version="2";

Delete all the images in your images folder prefixed with "thumb_" and let the browser regenerate the thumbnails.

They will be much better quality.

Also, edit the color of the imaghe "bevel_bg.gif"

This is the image backrgound for your table header rows, and the default cubecart blue does not match your color scheme.

Also, in style.css, under "SUBMIT", change the hex value for the background color to something that also better matches your color scheme. (This is the color for the "submit" button.

Finally....get yourself a domain name. A "commercial" website on a free server does not look very professional, and all those damn lycos ads are VERY annoying.

:dizzy:

Yep! I love that too!

Very convenient for testing on a free host like lycos.

CubeCart is a thumbs up without question. Way to go guys! <_<

But is that the same javascript that ruins google adsense? or is it something else?

Google guys said that it was a chunk of code called Frame Buster that keeps adsense looping and therefore unusable with CubeCart.

Any feedback about that is highly appreciated.

Mohamed...your site is very dark.

Yeah...I know...stating the obvious.  :dizzy:

Thanks for your comments twisted. I am just obsessed with black color and it will take me some hard work to convince myself to use another. but almost there anyway!

Anyway...couple of suggestions.

in the file images/makethumb.txt, change

$gd_version="1";

to

$gd_version="2";

Delete all the images in your images folder prefixed with "thumb_" and let the browser regenerate the thumbnails.

They will be much better quality.

I tried this a couple of times before, but what just happens is that the whole website freezes till i change the gd back to 1. My only guess is that something goes wrong with the thumbnails script that the new thumbnails never get created.

EDIT: WOW! THAT REALLY WORKS! I just didnt know that u have to go into each category in order to recreate the thumbnails. thanx m8!

This is the image backrgound for your table header rows, and the default cubecart blue does not match your color scheme.

Oops! u lost me there! I cant seem to find the part u r talking about. is it the header of the boxes or the footer? i thought i colored all the box footers to match the color scheme, but i didnt know there is something that shows in the header too.

Also, in style.css, under "SUBMIT", change the hex value for the background color to something that also better matches your color scheme. (This is the color for the "submit" button.

Yes that is something that i wasnt aware of. Thanks <_<!

Finally....get yourself a domain name. A "commercial" website on a free server does not look very professional, and all those damn lycos ads are VERY annoying.

B)

This website is solely for testing purposes and i will get a domain once it is launched. if u noticed in the store logo, it shows BrokerSoft.fi which is the domain i planned to use.

Finally, thanks for the constructive opinions. i really appreciate it. :wub:

Guest twisted

Oops! u lost me there! I cant seem to find the part u r talking about. is it the header of the boxes or the footer? i thought i colored all the box footers to match the color scheme, but i didnt know there is something that shows in the header too.

No.

From the front page, click any category that has products in it. Those products are displayed in a table. The header of THAT table is still the default cubecart blue, and that is the header I am talking about.

The image that affects that header is called bevel_bg.gif.

Ohhhhhhhhhh!

alright mate. Now i see what u r talking about. Thanks a bunch!

any suggestions concerning the website header logo...... that purple splash effect?

Regards,

Thanks magicexpress, but i plan on getting my own domain brokersoft.fi when i am ready to launch.

I am just doing all the testing on lycos.

Thanks anyway :)

Guest twisted

any suggestions concerning the website header logo...... that purple splash effect?

No...I like it.

But if it were me ( :P ) I would make your logo a little bigger...just to make it easier to read, and possibly a little more depth top to bottom in the header. I, personally, would put somerthing else in there....anything....it just looks empty.

But...that is just a personal opinion and in no way detracts from your overall site.