Email address and Telephone do not carry over to paypal

Ben224

Hello,

I am optimising my checkout process in an effort to cut down on abandoned carts. Having gone through my sites checkout process myself I have noticed that Email and Telephone data which is entered as part of the cubecart checkout process does not transfer to the corresponding 'Paypal Gateway' Email and Telephone fields. I am using the standard Gateway and not Pro.

This essentially means that customers have to input the same information twice which is not good.

Probably unrelated but also a problem I have noticed that once in Paypal Gateway page if I decide to cancel and return to my site via the link on the Gateway page I get sent back to the previous 'Transferring' page again and immediately get redirected back to the Gateway page in a kind of loop. The only way to get back into the site is to quit out of the page and reload my site again.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Probably unrelated but also a problem I have noticed that once in Paypal Gateway page if I decide to cancel and return to my site via the link on the Gateway page I get sent back to the previous 'Transferring' page again and immediately get redirected back to the Gateway page in a kind of loop. The only way to get back into the site is to quit out of the page and reload my site again.

Hi Ben

These two issues are unrelated as you said and dont have an immediate answer for your first point but for the one above we have come across this previously with quite a few clients.  It is caused when PayPal is the only payment gateway enabled and a customer hits the cancel link to return to your site.  This has been fixed by the CubeCart team and will be released with 5.2.5 but if you want the fix immediately then you will need to make the following two small code changes

Open modules/gateway/PayPal/gateway.class.php

1) Around line 47 find

public function fixedVariables() {

After this add

if($GLOBALS['db']->count('CubeCart_modules', 'module_id', array('module' => 'gateway', 'status' => '1')) == 1) {

$cancel_return = 'confirm';

} else {

$cancel_return = 'gateway';

}

2) Around line 75 find

'cancel_return'    => $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_a=gateway',

Replace this with this line

'cancel_return'    => $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_a='.$cancel_return,

Thanks

Ian