Can I change directories after demo?

djcaseanova

Okay, so I downloaded the trial of the latest cubecart. It's been quite a while since I have had cubecart.

I installed the cart in /demo/ of my site to try it out, adjust the templates, etc. I am about ready to purchase, however, I do NOT want my store to be at /demo/ can I rename the directory of the cart and have everything work, or do I physically have to reinstall the cart software again?

I had some install trouble due to the zend guard/zend optimizer issues with PHP. I did find a script to install ioncube for me so I got it working, I would just hate to mess all that up and start over.

Anyone?

CC5 does a very good job of figuring out where it is. Those settings in the globals.inc.php file will be used if they are there, but if not, CC5 will figure out where it is.

If you enabled SSL mode (and for a trial, I see no reason to do so), be sure to disable it because there are URL and path specific settings for SSL.

Feel free to move the code.

Thats right. You should literally be able to move it without making any changes. You may need to clear the cache afterwards from the maintenance section of the admin control panel to make sure no old links are cached. If you use the move function in your FTP client this shouldn't take more than say 20 seconds max.

• 1 month later...