Shipping Question - Multiple items, different weights/price = flat rat

djcaseanova

Okay, so I generally ship via USPS Flat Rate boxes only. The items I will be shipping out will either be drop shipped items requiring no shipping fees from my end, or I have bulk items in stock locally. The items I have on hand are in incrementes of by the pound goods.

I have 1lb, 3lb, 5lb, 10lb product options. Depending on the product it may vary on which USPS Flat Rate box it requires. Is there a way to have CC setup so that instead of doing an actual shipping cost that it calculate (by the total orders weight) which flat rate box option it requires?

The other issue is, with dealing with flat rate boxes, eventually the box gets full. At about 20lbs of the product I sell, a large flat rate box is full. Is there a way to carry over into another shipping option beyond 20lbs, say to actual shipping costs + materials? Because at 20+lbs I would need a different box and different cost of shipping.

1lbs = small flat rate box

2lb - 7lb = medium flat rate box

7lb - 20lb  = large flat rate box

20lbs + = different shipping method/costs

• 3 months later...

I seem to be having an issue setting up the By Weight shipping. Is there instructions on how to do this?? I will be shipping only to the USA and each product has a different weight which will require different Flat Rates, but I don't see a place to input this information. I see all this about "zones" yet I am only shipping to one country (zone).

I also have a few items that will NOT have a shipping charge because they're either digital downloads or drop ship items.