Changing productCode in CubeCart_inventory table

wss-mike

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the right area, I have only just joined so I'm sorry if I have made a mistake. The description says technical questions for V5. This relates to V3.

I setup CubeCart and created logical ProductCode's for my inventory, now the accountant wants me to change all the ProductCodes to match the codes in her Quickbooks to make it easier for reconcilliation.

I can go into phpMyAdmin and run an SQL update to change the codes, but I am concerned if this is going to cause problems. I can see that the key for the table seems to be productID. So I am hoping it's not going to cause major issues.

I changed one product to see what would happen. The update worked ok and I can still access the product and it's options. But looking at past orders for this product I can see it still has the old ProductCode listed.

Should I just run another update on the order table to update the productCode's ?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Welcome wss-mike! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We have other forums to discuss CubeCart versions other than CC5, and third-party problems and solutions for any version at www.cubecartforums.org.

But the quick answer is: with respect to the product codes (not! the productId), change all you want.

Hi bsmither,

Thanks for the reply, so should I also update the order table to ensure it has the correct productCode ? do you know if there are any other areas that store the productCode besides the  order table ?

Cheers,

Mike.

CubeCart is designed to enable the admin to change the Product Code at any time.

"Should I also update the order table to ensure it has the [matching] productCode?"

That is between you and your bookkeeper. Just know that updating the CubeCart_order_inv table, 'productCode' column, can be done without repercussion (unless you have mods installed that use the product code -- but it would be bad programming to do that unless there was a very good reason).

There are no other stock CubeCart database tables that record the Product Code.