Email notification file.

tommyledberg

Hey. 

I need to translate the email notification files to swedish and I have done that to a few files but the email sending out are still in Englsih. 

I have changed the following files: 

email_definitions.xml
email_en-GB.xml

email_en-US.xml 

I have made a Swedish language file for the website but I dont think that affects the email files, right? 

Please advice

website is at www.summeronwheels.com 

Tommy

These files are read into the database during install.

You can dump what's in the database by going to Email Templates, Import tab. It will re-load the database with the file's contents.

But, strictly speaking, you should click the white plus in the green circle to create a new language for the email templates (unfortunately, one template at a time).

"I have made a Swedish language file for the website but I don't think that affects the email files, right?"

Correct.

By the way, if you feel it in your heart to post the language file in www.cubecartforums.org, the world would appreciate your efforts.

I think the following is how it works:

CubeCart starts with definitions.xml. CubeCart then loads the working language file which, key for key, overwrites those in the definitions file.

But, when editing a language file, CubeCart displays that differently.

So, a visitor who wants to see the store in Spanish:

definitions.xml: ['key1']['key2'] = "Hello"

Then loads es-ES.xml: ['key1']['key2'] = "Hola"

If there are keys in definitions.xml that are not present in the actual language file, the values from definitions.xml are not overwritten. Which means there should always be some phrase showing on the store for every key.

When making changes to the language using CubeCart's language editor, the chosen language file is loaded in the editor regardless of the user's language in use.

I have not come across your situation. I would like to take a look at your language file, load it into my development environment, and trace out the code to see why CubeCart is behaving the way it is. So, you can upload it to the CC5 Free Mods section of www.cubecartforums.org and state that the file is a work in progress.

But you mean the one I have made called se.xml? 

Looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<language version="2.0">
 <info>
  <title><![CDATA[swedish]]></title>  <code>se</code>  <locale>se</locale>  <character_set><![CDATA[utf-8]]></character_set>  <version>1.0.0</version>  <minVersion>5.0.6</minVersion>  <maxVersion>5.0.*</maxVersion></info></language>

I just rememberd I have a file called se-custom.xml  

I couldnt upload it.... 

I got this message in the Forum Free mod section

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

Yes.

Does Swedish (se) have any variants?

To explain: English has two main variants -- en-US and en-UK.

If not, I would advise using se-SE as the file name, and <code> and <locale>.

Yes, it is an alternative SE file...  I wasnt able to upload it here but it seems like it is the entire translation