[Resolved] Upgrade from 5.1.5 to 5.2.5

help please.

I am following the guidelines as per the readme file.

How do I upgrade from CubeCart v5 to latest v5?

Posted by Al Brookbanks on 23 June 2011 11:56 AM

1. Take a FULL backup of your existing files and database and check that it is complete. This is critical in case the upgrade process fails or there is an error.

2. Upload the entire contents of this folder over your existing files replacing all existing ones.

IMPORTANT: If you renamed your admin folder or admin.php file you must do this prior to uploading the new files and your store will work as before.

3. Once that has completed in full please browse to the setup/ folder of your store.

Examples:

http://www.example.com/setup/

http://store.example.com/setup/

http://www.example.com/shop/setup/

Note: FTP can time out so please check the FTP log if available to make sure it completed successfully.

4. If all files have uploaded successfully the setup page should load. Please select "Upgrade CubeCart" and follow the on screen instructions.

5. Once complete please delete the setup/ folder to keep your store secure.

I selected UPGRADE after the licence agreement received this error.

The following errors were detected:

§ images/source/index.php is not writable.

THERE IS NO such file in this directory. I have checked in the zip file and it is not there either.

WHAT DO I DO?

regards

Duncan.

Thanks for the quick reply Staff.

Next question, I put the images/ logo/index.php file in the source folder.

pressed start again and althought  the error went away the screen is now blank.

I then received your answer, so I removed all content of the php  file.

I then tried to start setup again but still a blank screen

What next?

Ok, What was the next move?

I refreshed the cache a couple of times and BINGO the upgrade worked.

I was able to insert all the data about user name and local host, licence number etc. leaving me at the end, with whether I wanted to go to admin or shop front.

I opted for shop front.

I was offered a blank screen,:( , however at the top of the screen I could see my flavicon as though some thing was right. Some hours later, I refreshed the cache and tried again but no luck.

Also the admin screen has the same result, all blank.

Any suggestions please?

Error reporting is turned off by default in CubeCart so the actual error isn't displayed. I expect you need to make sure either Ioncube or Zend Guard is setup. You hosting company should either be able to do it or provide instructions. Once either is setup you need to make sure the global.inc.php file has either "zend" or "ioncube" set as the value for "encoder". Most hosting companies will have one if not both of these by default.

Thanks Al,

Yes these are the errors I see prior to upgrading.

The following errors were detected:
  • Either Ioncube Loader or Zend Optimizer is required to use CubeCart 5. This can be configured after setup is complete.
Compatibility Check
5.4.20PHP 5.2.3+
5.5.33MySQL 4.1+
InstalledGD Image Library
InstalledcURL
Not InstalledIonCube PHP Loader or Zend Optimizer
Optional Features
Not InstalledAPC
Installedbz2
InstalledEXIF
InstalledFileInfo
InstalledHash
InstalledmCrypt
Not Installedmemcache
Installedmysqli
Not InstalledXCache
Not InstalledXDebug
InstalledZIPv

I will talk with my service provider. Fingers crossed and thanks.

Seems as though zend is set up as per setup/info.php

PHP Version 5.4.20
System Linux host221.hostmonster.com 2.6.32-20130307.60.9.bh6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 7 15:58:33 EST 2013 x86_64 Build Date Sep 25 2013 23:16:18 Server API CGI/FastCGI Virtual Directory Support disabled Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/php/54/etc Loaded Configuration File /usr/php/54/etc/php.ini Scan this dir for additional .ini files /usr/php/54/etc/php.d Additional .ini files parsed (none) PHP API 20100412 PHP Extension 20100525 Zend Extension 220100525 Zend Extension Build API220100525,NTS PHP Extension Build API20100525,NTS Debug Build no Thread Safety disabled Zend Signal Handling disabled Zend Memory Manager enabled Zend Multibyte Support provided by mbstring IPv6 Support enabled DTrace Support disabled Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright © 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright © 1998-2013, by Zend Technologies

so global.inc.php has

In the global.inc.php file

<?php

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'maketext_xxxx_ccrt1';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'harisakixxx';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'maketext_xxha1';

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

should I change this to :

In the global.inc.php file

<?php

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'maketext_xxxx_ccrt1';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'harisakixxx';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'maketext_xxha1';

$glob['encoder'] = 'zend';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

??

Duncan

"PHP Version 5.4.20 with Zend Guard Loader"

This will be a problem. As of CC525, only zend encoded files for PHP 5.2 and 5.3 are shipped with the application.

So, your solution is to get ionCube (the appropriate version for PHP 5.4) installed and have CC5's config for 'encoder' use "ioncube".

when I run ..../shop/    I get

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 5 in /home1/maketext/public_html/harrisorganicwine/shop/index_php5.3_enc_zend.php on line 0

should I run set up again?

Please use Ioncube if possible. We are planning to drop support for Zend due to their ever increasing annual fee and slow support to latest PHP versions. I would like to not have to rely on either in an ideal world. It is also known to clash with other server modules such as APC. 

Translated.. our Zend License has expired. 

Hi Al and bsmithers, 

many thanks for your help. After installing ioncube we had an htaccess file to change and we are all good to go on the new host.

Now to update all the tweeks we did before, like changing the print order form with an ABN number......

regards

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

This has been an interesting thread, especially the bit about Zend no longer being supported - my host only has Zend on its php 5.2 and my one of my new tools doesnt work 100% with that version.

I do see that Servage do use ioncube:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright © 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright © 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

.. so I am wondering to get over my current php 5.2 version problems if I could use ioncube instead - I have just asked the host which of their php versions have ioncube installed.

Another thing, is it going to cause mayhem if I am able to change from zend to ioncube.. will my new tools not work at all? I'm not really sure what the difference is - im hoping they both do the same thing..

In my global.inc I have this:

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

"Is it going to cause mayhem if I change from zend to ioncube?"

With respect to Cubecart, it will only work with the PHP5.2 and PHP5.3 series with Zend. As mentioned elsewhere, CubeCart running on PHP5.4 and above will probably not work with Zend. Therefore, your (probable and only) solution to running under PHP5.4 and above is to have ionCube. With respect to a stock CubeCart, just a simple change to the global.inc.php file to switch which ['encoder'] to use will be the only thing necessary.

"Will my new tools not work at all?"

I didn't want to get involved in your deliberations with the third-party you agreed to have build your tool, but I have been on both sides of the contract, and I always start my contract negotiations so that the project deliverables be "work-for-hire".

That being said, you will need to discover what dependencies your tool requires: Zend, ionCube, or not encoded at all; jQuery, scriptaculous, or some other library; phone home, copyright display, etc., and (re)negotiate the deliverable so that it fits in with what you anticipate your environment to be, or may change to be in the future.

"I'm not really sure what the difference is - I'm hoping they both do the same thing."

Zend and ionCube provide the same solution, but go about it in different ways.

Ah, ok - I understand.

It looks like I am using ioncube so will leave that.

This is all over something that might seem trivial but I found the '£' sign didnt work in my Lettering Tool - I had the following message back from my original developer which made me think I needed to use a higher php, maybe you can make some sense of it:

I verified the issue of displaying £ in front end. Its due to some extensions need to enable on his server and the PHP version is needs to upgraded.
It is working in our server in the below URL.

Link: http://cubecart.cybraintech.com/index.php?_a=template&type=external&module=lettering

we can directly enter " £ " symbol, or we can use the any of below codes to get the symbol.
 1) &#163;
 2) &pound;

Below are the PHP Info details.

Our Server: http://cubecart.cybraintech.com/pound/phpinfo.php

Nik grey Server: http://greyprint.co.uk/phpinfo.php

This was not very helpful to me :(

Excellent, I will certainly do that.

My host has just told me that ioncube is available on up to php 5.4 and they will have to move me to another server which will take 24 hours, surely this is something I should take them up on ? While I am still closed..

As it looks like I am using ioncube anyway and the newer php will ensure my £ symbol appears either way.

"the newer php will ensure my £ symbol appears either way."

I cannot confirm or deny that the PHP5.4 series would handle this any differently. There may be other factors involved between your server environment and the developer's environment -- other than the version of PHP.

"surely [moving to PHP5.4] is something I should take them up on?"

Because CubeCart was written for PHP5.2, and there have been no added code that would make any higher version of PHP a requirement, I conclude there is no impetus to doing this.

You may hear arguments that PHP5.2 has security issues. When I view the code change summaries for PHP, I see security fixes applied on all PHP5 series equally (starting with PHP5.2). I'm not convinced that staying with PHP5.2 is a bad thing - as long as PHP gets updated to the latest version in that series.

Just as anecdotal 

-- CC5.25 is working fine with

PHP 5.4.22

ioncube loader

with server info references to:

Zend engine 2.4.0

ioncube php loader 4.4.1

(except for apparent bug requiring a shipping module with shipping turned off in store setup.... )