[Resolved] Upgrade from 5.1.5 to 5.2.5

• 4 weeks later...

Further to the upgrade from 5.1.5 to 5.2.5.

We have uploaded the upgraded CC5 to a new server and changed the DNS to get www.harrisorganicwine/shop to look how it should.

Then to test it out.

I found that when I click on most categories,but not all, no products found. Categories that work are sale items and gift vouchers.

I can get to shop/admin and have cleared the cache and cache in sql database.

When I go to categories I can see a list when I try to edit a category all the categories are listed, except the specific one to be edited.

Any suggestions?

"When I go to [admin] Categories, I can see a list. When I try to edit a category, all the categories are listed, except the specific one to be edited."

Would the category you are wanting to edit be a sub-category? If so, you will need to know it's parent/ancestors. For example, the category Test2 is a child of category Test1. When first showing the list of categories, Test1 will be a link. Click it. The list is updated to show the children of Test1, which has Test2. If Test2 has children, then Test2 will be a link to click to show its children.

Unfortunately there are no sub-categories. As an example:

Categories are Brandy, Specials and Best Selling. 

If I try to edit Brandy , the Parent category shows Specials and Best Selling, no Brandy.

If I try to edit Specials I can see parent cat. of Brandy and Best selling, no specials.

Hope that makes sense.

Further to this we had an issue with the sql database.

If it is relevant I deleted the db, re created a blank one then imported all the tables from the archives we created..

regards

Duncan

More, the ystem error log shows

System Error Log

[Clear error logs]

Date Message Today, 22:01 File: [hookloader.class.php] Line: [418] "SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_code_snippet` ;" - Table 'maketext_ledaswan_ccrt1.CubeCart_code_snippet' doesn't exist Today, 22:01 File: [hookloader.class.php] Line: [418] "SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_code_snippet` ;" - Table 'maketext_ledaswan_ccrt1.CubeCart_code_snippet' doesn't exist Today, 22:00 File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [485] "SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_option_matrix` ;" - Table 'maketext_ledaswan_ccrt1.CubeCart_option_matrix' doesn't exist Today, 22:00 File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [485] "SELECT * FROM `CubeCart_option_matrix` ;" - Table 'maketext_ledaswan_ccrt1.CubeCart_option_matrix' doesn't exist Today, 22:00 File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [289] "SELECT MAX(stock_level) AS max_stock, MIN(stock_level) AS min_stock FROM `CubeCart_option_matrix` LIMIT 1;" - Table 'maketext_ledaswan_ccrt1.CubeCart_option_matrix' doesn't exist

Does this give any clues?

regards

Duncan

"Hope that makes sense."

Unfortunately, for me, no. Maybe some screenshots?

The missing tables is from upgrading the codebase but not having CubeCart run the setup procedure (choosing to upgrade the database instead of a fresh install).

Allow me to say that a category cannot be its own parent. Therefore, the category being edited is not included in the list of possible parent/child relationships.

The drop-down selector is in the General tab of a series of tabs presented to you when you are already in the mode of editing a category. From a previous post, I infer that you believe this drop-down selector is the selector to choose what category you want to do some editing on. Again, you are already editing a category (Best Selling, for example). That drop-down is used to establish a Category -- Sub-Category relationship.

(Use the forum's full editor and then use the "Attach" button to include images with a post.)