Select your shipping method

Scottymo

I get this message when checking out, even though ground shipping is already selected:

Please check that the defined shipping method is suitable and click "Checkout" or "Update Basket" to continue to payment.

The the lowest shipping method is already selected by default. A customer still has to click "Update," even though "Ground" is already selected, which is not intuitive. If he does not click "Update," it'll show the message above.

"-- Please Select --" would be a better default setting for the shipping method. At least then customers would have to make a selection and would be more intuitive.

I have seen other posts with the same issue, but no fixes. Is there a fix or way to change it?

Attached is a screenshot

Hi

Is "Ground" the only shipping method you make available or is there a choice of others as well ?

It appears that at that stage, the customer is not logged in (or hasnt yet registered from the checkout page) and therefore the cart doesnt have an address to confirm the shipping amount which is why you are getting this message (the customer might be from the USA but could be from Australia where the shipping costs would be higher).

The message itself isnt very helpful to your store customers so you could change that yourself. We also created a solution for a couple of our customers where their shipping wasnt address specific (for example fixed fee per order) so if that applies we may be able to help you.

The CubeCart developers are aware that this is a bit clunky and are looking to see if a better solution can be found

Thanks

Ian

The CubeCart developers are aware that this is a bit clunky and are looking to see if a better solution can be found

This is an understatement for sure IMHO. It feels like being on a merry-go-round to checkout - I think many customers just give up, assuming the site is broken. I would suggest a checkout where all information being input is available for the customer to see on one page.

Ian,

The message shows after all the address info is entered, so that isn't the problem.

There are other methods of shipping in the dropdown (as shown in the image below). "--Please Select--" should be the default choice. It currently defaults to the cheapest shipping rate (Ground). It appears like "Ground" is selected by default, but a customer still has to click on "update" for it to actually work. That is the problem and not intuitive at all. It had me stumped for a bit on why I was given a warning message when "Ground" was already selected by default.

shipping-sample.jpg