Contact Form - No Emails

djcaseanova

Is there a quota that needs to be met before the emails go out within CC5? I have attempted to test the contact us form and it is not working. I have also created a test user to do the testing with. When a user creates an account, do they get an email? My test user did not get an email either.

My website does allow php mail as I use it for the forum software without an issue....

CubeCart's only way of testing the email sending capability is with the creation of a newsletter. In admin, Newsletters, Create Newsletter tab, create something -- doesn't have to be anything that will actually be sent to customers -- and then on the Send Test Email tab, enter a known good email address for a recipient that is known to not have an overly aggressive spam filter.

Is there a quota that needs to be met before the emails go out within CC5?

No.

I have attempted to test the contact us form and it is not working.

If the over-all problem is CubeCart not sending anything.....

I have also created a test user to do the testing with. When a user creates an account, do they get an email?

Unfortunately, no. Not as of CC525.

So, it turns out DreamHost no longer allows ANY mail to go through their servers without it being sent to/from a mail server on their side. So I was unable to use an external email address such as gmail. I had to create a mail address at my domain and then have it forwarded to my gmail. What a pain...

Oh, and how do I mark topics as resolved??

• 3 weeks later...

On these forums, a moderator will need to do that.

Which is a shame as I posted something the other day only to find my Indian chap was changing things at the time of my problems, without telling me.. so I thought I had problems and posted here.

I couldn't delete that post :(