Checkout title input field

geoffb

Hi,

I would really like to edit the content.checkout.confirm.php file

I would like to make the Title field a set of drop down options, you've seen them everywhere. Mr, Mrs, Miss ect rather than the user typing in their title.

At the moment its an input field with a value of {$USER.title}.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

G

In the template file content.checkout.confirm.php, find:

<div><label for="user_title">{$LANG.user.title}</label><span><input type="text" name="user[title]" id="user_title" class="textbox capitalize" value="{$USER.title}" /></span></div>

Change to:

<div><label for="user_title">{$LANG.user.title}</label>
  <span><select name="user[title]" id="user_title" class="textbox">
    <option value="Mr." {if $USER.title == "Mr."}selected{/if}>$USER.title</option>
-- Repeat for each additional option --
  </select></span>
</div>

This is a hard-coded solution for the skin. There is also the file content.addressbook.php file.

Hi bsmither,

again, thanks very much works like a treat, just wondering if I have the following:

<div><label for="user_title">{$LANG.user.title}</label>
            <span><select name="user[title]" id="user_title" class="textbox">
            <option value="Mr." {if $USER.title == "Mr."}selected{/if}>Mr</option>
            <option value="Mrs." {if $USER.title == "Mrs."}selected{/if}>Mrs</option>
            <option value="Miss." {if $USER.title == "Miss."}selected{/if}>Miss</option>
            <option value="Ms." {if $USER.title == "Ms."}selected{/if}>Ms</option>
            <option value="Dr." {if $USER.title == "Dr."}selected{/if}>Dr</option>
            <option value="Rev." {if $USER.title == "Rev."}selected{/if}>Rev</option>
            <option value="Other." {if $USER.title == "Other."}selected{/if}>Other</option>
            </select></span>
  </div>

I have also added a JS function by where if the user chooses 'Other' then a new field opens (basically the old one as below and the user can add their own title

<div class="other" style="display:none;"><label for="user_title">Other</label><span><input type="text" name="user[title]" id="user_title" class="textbox capitalize" value="{$USER.title}" /></span></div>

although I'm not too sure if this will be saved properly into the system as I have just edited my test customer and added Sir into the Other field and the account in admin still says Mr