Cart emptying when customers go to register/checkout

bkessler91

I think i ready a topic like this before and i also mad a reply on that.

What is the skin you are using? Custom skin? Or a third party skin? Cubecart skin out of the box with some design changes?

We had feedback from customers in the beginning using Galaxy skin checkout problems, because basket was empty during checkout.

Accoring to our test it was all IE related ... but in IE 11 the problem seems to be gone for us.

I am using Kurouto - Grey.  I have made simple mods to the skin, such as background image, header and footer.  Changed the colors on nav bar, nothing major.

The most consistent data I have from customers is that they are using Windows 7, some Firefox, some IE.

What was your fix to the IE problem?  Can you provide a link to this other thread you speak of?

Hello Bkessler,

Our solution was nothing special ... we just find out that the shop works in ALL browsers Linux, OSX and Windows, IE 8 works, IE 9 basket empty problem during checkout, IE 10 works sometimes and IE 11 works perfect again ...

Also according to our website statics (we use clicky) we see MAJOR users use firefox, chrome or safari.

IE is getting less and less and if we have IE users we see IE 10 or 11 so for us its not a big issue anymore.

I think you should test your shop with IE 8, 9, 10 and 11 using virtualbox to see if you can recreate your situation and find the error.

In the worse case you can hire a freelancer to mod your skin to fix this problem if its a major problem.

Have you been able to reproduce this issue for yourself?

IF you have ever modified any core files, that could be the issue. OR it could be from a plugin you bought.

IF those kinds of changes are not likely culprits, you might want to save your own files and temporarily use the stock box.basket.php, content.checkout.php, and content.checkout.confirm.php files.

There are SO many variables that can cause this. Old browsers, new browsers with strict cookie settings, 3rd party security software at client and server level and even some internal work/university networks. I had a really embarrassing meeting with PayPal when v5 was new in that their IP address changed on every page load breaking sessions. This has now been resolved!

If you can find out as much information from the user experiencing problems it will help. From our experience here and on the helpdesk session issues are not hugely common (luckily). Issues like this can be so very difficult as its very tough to get the right information out of a non-technical consumer. What can be detected automatically is limited. 

Just anecdotal the issues we were having with Windows 7/ IE 11 in November seemed to be fixed by early December updates to Windows 7, to IE11, and a major DOT-NET update which is used by both Office and IE, I believe. That big update to Windows in early Dec. fixed all the weirdness we were seeing with IE/Win7.

• 2 weeks later...

So....  I think I have found out a part of the problem.  Stupid Customers...

When customers click view basket and start filling out information, the basket moves from the right side of the page-- to the bottom of the page, under the entry boxes.

I have added a note in 'content.checkout.confirm.php'
around line 30 
<p>{$LANG.account.already_registered} <a href="{$URL.login}">{$LANG.account.log_in}</a> <br>(Your items are listed below)</p>

I have not had any complaints after I have added this text.

holy crap...!