SSL installation

sinautoscan

I also bought a

FeedBuilder 7-in-1 Automated Product Feed Generator

http://chainsawcarvedbear.com/digital-goods/feedbuilder-7-in-1-automated-product-feed-generator/prod_31.html

I have 2 websites, so i bought paid for this item twice the developer installed it, the issue im encountering is the same feed is pulling for both of my stores, each feed should be seperate, i try to reach out to the developer with no luck. willing hire someone to fix these issues.

they installed cc3 even thou i paid for cc4

Why would you want or accept version 4 let alone version 3 ? Both are not supported and you would have purchased a licence valid for V5 ?

now I am having issues installing a shared SSL looking for someone to install this for me, can anyone help ?

Dont use a shared SSL - spend the little extra money and purchase your own. Your hosting company should be able to help with any problems installing SSL certificates - have you logged a ticket with them and if so what help did they provide ?

I also bought a FeedBuilder 7-in-1 Automated Product Feed Generator I have 2 websites, so i bought paid for this item twice the developer installed it, the issue im encountering is the same feed is pulling for both of my stores, each feed should be seperate, i try to reach out to the developer with no luck. willing hire someone to fix these issues.

You would be much better off getting hold of the developer especially as you have already paid for this ! It is the holiday period and you dont say how long you have been trying to reach the developer

Regards

Ian

What is the difference between a shared ssl and a dedicated one ?

Google is great for answering questions like this ! Many differences but a shared ssl doesnt identify your website as belonging to your business and will be flagged by all browsers so if you are serious about your business then a shared certificate should never be used. At least you are looking to use a ssl though - so many store owners dont consider it something they need when ALL stores should have a full ssl installed

You can get a feel for which developers provide a quality product and give good customer service by reading through the feedback on many of them on cubecartforums.org in the Mod Store Ratings section near the top. It's wise to not hire someone without searching to see what people think about their work.

If you want to accept payments directly on your website via credit/debit card you need private SSL certificate.

If you want to use a "direct" payment gateway where credit card details are taken on your site then you will 100% need a dedicated / private SSL. In fact, most PCI auditors will require many more things so you are likely to need your own dedicated server. However as I said before, all stores should use a SSL for many additional security reasons to protect confidential information via the encryption provided.

DB's advice to use a development / support / hosting person / company that has an in depth knowledge of CubeCart and a track record either on here or on CCF is wise advice - a simple look through the large number of recent posts where store owners have reported major problems by going to unknown people for services is proof enough !

Thanks

Ian