how to put empty edit box in product page

night60000

Hi maybe someone know how to do this

what I`m trying to do is as 3 edit boxes in product page so when they want to buy the product  they have to fill this 3 edit boxes and when they filed the box it would go to order page so I know what they put in that boxes

Danny

CubeCart provides for a textarea box to be used by the customer to enter text as a product option.

In admin, Product Options, Option Groups tab, add three new groups to collect this data. Choose 'Textarea' (instead of Dropdown List) and click Required. Save. (You can also assign these three textareas to an Option Set.)

Then, edit the product, Options tab, you will add those new options to the product. (Or Assign the option set.)

While I have not verified this, I am confident that the text entered into these boxes will show where product options are listed: Order Summary, etc.

"it works not the way I need it"

Would you please use a lot more words to explain what you need with three edit boxes and how you want them to behave. (I am assuming CubeCart's behavior with respect to the contents of the edit boxes, as product options, as described above, should be a satisfactory solution.)

"its not cavalcading the shipping with the product"

I will guess the word you wanted to use was 'calculating'. So, when you are checking out, the shipping has no choices, or the choices have the wrong value. Shipping rates will be wrong for most shipping modules because, until Cubecart has the customer's delivery address, CubeCart uses your store's address as the customer's delivery address. That is a known problem with CubeCart.

Hi

1st  question I need to do have the drop down options

Example
Make: (drop down) ford
Model: (drop down) crown Victoria
And so on with different cars and models
So what I need to do is only when u pick the type of make let’s say ford u would get only ford models cars options nothing else  ( im trying to hire someone that know how to do it but no one is getting back to me its a small scrip I wish I know how to do coding ) :(    so what I did I have the car make and year but the model they have to put it and that's the only way I get it to work for now

2nd question I found the problem it was because I put $ sign before the price I don't know why but it didn't take it when I remove it it works great

3 ) now I have other problem with PayPal its not registering the right amount that is in the shipping cart

Example:

if u add 2 items to the shopping cart and you go to check out everything is working great but when u pressing the order with PayPal and it go to PayPal page its just ( show 1 item)  but the right price for 2 items  so I don't know why it doesn't show 2 on the PayPal page and just 1 and I even try it with 5 items its still show only 1 did u ever saw that problem before ?

I'm working on the drop-downs. I have installed this script, but it isn't working correctly for me. I hope to get it solved soon.

Yes, please put only numbers for prices, weights, etc. CubeCart will add the correct symbols as required. CubeCart requires numbers, adding a currency symbol makes the entry a text string and CubeCart will get confused.

I do not know enough about PayPal to have an answer about the items showing on the PayPal page.

I have this scrip that when I get the database it came with but just don't know how to install it maybe u can figer it out

<?php
 require('libs/db_vehicle_sample.class.php');

$config['dbHost'] = 'localhost';
 $config['dbUser'] = 'user';
 $config['dbPassword'] = 'password';

$mysql_link_id = mysql_connect($config['dbHost'], $config['dbUser'], $config['dbPassword']) or die("Could not connect: ".mysql_error());

mysql_select_db('test');
 $db = new DBVehicleSample();

$vendor = ( isset($_GET['vendor'])  && $_GET['vendor'] != "" )  ? mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['vendor']) : null;
 $car  = ( isset($_GET['car'])  && $_GET['car'] != "" )  ? mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['car']) : null;
 $year  = ( isset($_GET['year'])  && $_GET['year'] != "" )  ? (int) $_GET['year'] : null;
 $mod  = ( isset($_GET['mod'])  && $_GET['mod'] != "" )  ? mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['mod']) : null;
?>
<html>
<head>
 <title></title>
 <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
 <style>
  body {font-family:arial;font-size: 12px;}
  h3, h4 {margin:0;padding:0;}
  h3 {font-size: 14px;}
  h4 {font-size: 12px;}
  table {margin-top: 10px;font-size: 12px;}
  table td {width: 250px; vertical-align:top;}
 </style>
</head>
<body>

<form id="vehicle" action="page_db_vehicle_sample.php">

ÐŸÑ€Ð¾Ð¸Ð·Ð²Ð¾Ð´Ð¸Ñ‚ель:
 <br>
 <select name="vendor" id="vendor" onchange="$('#car').val(0); $('#year').val(0); $('#mod').val(0); $('#vehicle').submit();" style="width:200px">
  <option value="">Выберите производителÑ</option>
  <?php
   $db->_print_options($db->get_vendors(), 'vendor', $vendor);
  ?>
 </select>

<br><br>

ÐœÐ¾Ð´ÐµÐ»ÑŒ:
 <br>
 <select name="car" id="car" onchange="$('#year').val(0); $('#mod').val(0); $('#vehicle').submit();" style="width:200px">
  <option value="">Выберите модель</option>
  <?php
      if (null != $vendor)
    $db->_print_options($db->get_cars($vendor), 'car', $car);
  ?>
 </select>

<br><br>

Ð“од выпуÑка:
 <br>
 <select name="year" id="year" onchange="$('#mod').val(0); $('#vehicle').submit();" style="width:200px">
  <option value="">Выберите год</option>
  <?php
      if (null != $vendor && null != $car)
    $db->_print_options($db->get_years($vendor, $car), 'year', $year);
  ?>
 </select>

<br><br>

ÐœÐ¾Ð´Ð¸Ñ„икациÑ:
 <br>
 <select name="mod" id="mod" onchange="$('#vehicle').submit();" style="width:200px">
  <option value="">Выберите модификацию</option>
  <?php
      if (null != $vendor && null != $car && null != $year)
    $db->_print_options($db->get_modifications($vendor, $car, $year), 'modification', $mod);
  ?>
 </select>

<br><br>

<?php
     if (null != $vendor && null != $car && null != $year && null != $mod)
   $db->_print_data($db->get_data($vendor, $car, $year, $mod));
 ?>
</body>
</html>