images and some products not showing after upgrade 4 to 5

Robo

hello

images thumbnails and some products not showing up after upgrade 4 to 5 (they are there )

i have tried to get some permissions changed, but it doe s not seem to work, even for example the frontpage placing a new picture does not work , what are the options ? most of the upgrading went really ok

i found out that i can upload a image in the main image folder , but i can not acces the folders that were created with the images setting permissions does not help

any help is apprieciated

www.rbckits.com

thanks

Rob

btw get this error warnings

File: [database.class.php] Line: [576] "SELECT COUNT(*) AS Count FROM ``CubeCart_inventory` AS `I` LEFT JOIN `CubeCart_option_matrix` AS `M` on `I`.`product_id` = `M`.`product_id`` WHERE use_stock_level = 1 AND (((I.stock_warning > 0 AND M.stock_level <= I.stock_warning) OR (I.stock_warning <= 0 AND M.stock_level <= 2)) OR ((I.stock_warning > 0 AND I.stock_level <= I.stock_warning) OR (I.stock_warning <= 0 AND I.stock_level <= 2)));" - Incorrect table name ''

HI Robbo,

That error is not connected we have a fix here which will be in the next release:

>

How many products do you have? This issue can happen if the image migration part of the upgrade times out due to PHP exceeding memory limit or time out. In such circumstances the PHP memory limit and time out needs to be maxed for upgrade. 

As part of our upgrade service on shared hosting where these can't be changed we copy the store to a local dev environment that has PHP will large resources allocated to it and it always works. 

You may be able to increase the memory limit and time out in the servers php.ini file. 

changed the db should work then

the images i found out is also a space issue, replaced with a _ it sometimes works when i have acces to the folders , i really do not know why and in what i have to change the settings for the folders

strange i can not see the contents of some folders and i can not upload images to them , even in direct admin uploaded images do not show ... what is wrong ?

Thats right. CubeCart changed the image paths to be more friendly and compatible. We have seen file names with spaces, quotes and even slashes in the past. 

When you say images are not showing can you explain where? On upgrade all master images assigned to products should be converted. Ones added to site documents or descriptions for example won't have been. Sometimes after upgrade the images on the homepage document if there are any need to have spaces replaced with underscore.

I'm not sure we are 100% on the same page right now.  

well ... i have changed to my old server , and upgrading went without problems... but

some pictures are dissapeared.. i have some manualy replaced this went ok

another part  i have folders  for the pictures, i have again a folder with pictures and a subfolder i can not acces it in cc admin ( to upload a picture) it shows a blank screen, but in the shop some pictures are showing, but not all they are in the folder that i can not acces..via product / description then ad a picture ..the screen comes (picture  settings) i choose the  folder  containing the pictures, then the screen that should show the contains of the map stays blank ,   now , i renamed the folder , then it shows the subfolder .. but no pictures .. they are there what is this problem ? i have more folders with the same problem, the file manager screen goes blank no tabs are showing only in the screen

can it be the size of the folder ?

http://www.rbckits.com/shop/admin.php?_g=filemanager&mode=fck&CKEditor=description&CKEditorFuncNum=2&langCode=nl&subdir=152vo

i found out that it has renamed  pictures wrong  this is the code form the cc admin /shop/images/source/152vo/fooling/SH103559%20(Medium).JPG

this is the direct admin  SH103559__Medium_.JPG

renaming  to SH103559Medium.JPG  makes the pictures vissible again but i still can not acces the folder from the admin or images part of cc ?? why not , the folders are not different than others ..?

Any help ?

Your upgrade looks fine to me. You just need to change a few image paths on the homepage.

e.g. 

Change:

http://www.rbckits.com/shop/images/source/boats/vintageboats/suzieq/SH103847%20(Large).JPG

To:

http://www.rbckits.com/shop/images/source/boats/vintageboats/suzieq/SH103847__Large_.JPG

Any non alpha numeric part of a file path will have been replaced with an underscore. Once that has been done I am sure all will be fine.

yes this works , but a lot of work , should not be neccesary i think  and .... more importand i do not have acces to some folders from withing cc the folders are ok what is this problem ? is there a work around  ? this are image folders btw

thanks

rob

never had this problem also not with V4 as we did all with v4 , even ... if we copy the folder is not accesable , even if we make a new folder with the same name it is not accesable , in direct admin no problem , renaming does help sometimes but then we have to do all again

we have this on some subfolders , we have corrected picture filenames on non accesable folders and in the product page by hand so the pictures shows up  , but i can not ad a new picture in this folders with cc the folders are normal accesable with direct admin i do not see any funny thing there , but   i am just a amateur for this  so what could be the problem ?

we have this with folders 152vo , springertugs , if i do .. in the description tab : picture . the popup comes , klick on the picture in server tab, the the screen comes up with the image folders , i klick on a folder , when it is ok then the screen gives the tabs for uploading etc , if the folder is not ok , the screen goes blank with only a top url and url in the white border , nothing else i only can go baxk by closing the screen..

if you like i give you the pass etc you can look for yourselve as i do not understand it

grt

Rob

so far so good i had to change the image names in cc by hand , the spaces were replaced by %20( etc in the folders  like Change:

http://www.rbckits.c...847 (Large).JPG

To:

http://www.rbckits.c...847__Large_.JPG

so most of the images work now no problems with that..... but...

i still can not acces some image maps  when i try in cc admain... file manager...image , the screen with folders appear.. then most folder are to be opened no problem,  some however can not be openened the screen goes blank , no tabs showing for uploading etc .i only can go back with the browser back button 

so i think this is a cc problem ,.. dirty butter..  i have full acces to the problem folders in ftp or direct admin there is no problem showing, i can do all usual things with them also the folders are the same labeled (eg 711)as the other olders

only problem is in cc i do not have acces to this folders to upload or select a image .. strange very strange as the folder contains images ... and the images are loaded in the matching products page (i have changed the broken images names  by hand in the products page) but i can not select  the image in the product page as the folder is not accesable  .....

so i can not ad any product image in this folder i have to make new folders and subfolders of this articles outside the folder that should do it 

if i rename the folder in ftp , i can see the folder in cc but nothing  shows up of the subfolders and images .. 

well i am not really   good in websites etc etc i just design airplanes , but this folder problem is really very strange, and i can not solve it , fortunatly the shop works fine outside the problems , but cc should consider this renaming the image names as in v4 all worked ok so the upgrading is not 100% proof 

well anyone can shine a light on the non accessable folder problem ? 

Thans for the help 

btw the page is www.rbckits.com

Rob

I'm not sure I understood you. Do ANY images show in subfolders? If so, there must be one or more images in that folder that for some reason or other CC does not "like". Do you have any other special characters in your image names, like apostrophes or non-English characters?

Since you can manipulate outside of CC, try moving one of the images (that never had spaces, etc.) in a folder that is not working into a new folder, and see if that image is accessible from FileManager.

The issue here could be that you have too many images in certain folders. Think that the server has to list the files and then output a big list to the browser which is then parsed with JavaScript.

The blank screen is probably PHP running out of memory or time trying to perform its task. Are there any errors in the PHP error log in the server? It may help to increase PHP memory limit and time out but it may also be necessary to restructure the image into more folders. 

well there are subfolders in this folder also and not so many images 10 or so small , but... the shop shows the images in the products .. (i have manualy renamed the images in the admin ) so it is a ok image i think ?

but should it not just work in v4 i did not had this problem , i can not see any strange thing in the direct admin or ftp  i have more folders with just as much images so..

no errors in php log as far as i can see

size .. i have folders that are just as large no problem there

in the image manager , i can klick on the folder , it opens,, or it shows open , but see nothing

what to check ?

btw when i rename this  folders i can open them .. but still see nothing , copying the images etc to a new folder is also not helping , images are renamed by cc 5 ..so it is something with the images or folder names what i can not see...

how to increase php memory , just to try ?

grts

cc5 renamed the images when upgrading , some failed ,most fortunatly worked ok had to do failures by hand or by reloading them in the product description section 

cc admin /shop/images/source/152vo/fooling/SH103559%20(Medium).JPG

cc renamed it to   SH103559__Medium_.JPG

but reloading them in some folders did not work as the folders are not accesable by cc .

what happends..  making a new folder .. put in the contains of the non accesable folder ... does not work also , 

rest only  one thing is to make new folder and upload the images again in the new  folder for the products

it is not a really big problem as all is working , it will become a problem if i have to ad new pictures for that product , then i have to make new folders , so for now it works , but it is sure a cc5 problem  

OK, I misunderstood what you mean by renaming - the upgrade changed the unrecognized characters to underscores.

one thing is to make new folder and upload the images again in the new  folder for the products it is not a really big problem as all is working

Since the new folder and newly uploaded images in that folder are now recognized, have you tried adding an additional test image to one of those products? Sounds like it should work, so there wouldn't be a problem in the future.