EMAILS NOT SENDING

moodybear

Hi, 

I've been using cubecart for about a year and in mid december I stopped receiving emails from the system telling me I had orders. 

This, in turn also has shown that I can not send ANY newsletters out?

Any idea how to resolve this?

regards

Andrew

www.themoodybear.com

Welcome moodybear! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We would like to know what your hosting provider has to say about this. They may have disallowed the use of port 25 to send emails.

Please let us know what your email settings are in admin -- did you choose mail or SMTP? If SMTP, are you using a smtp host provided by your hosting provider, or a host that goes with your email address (gmail, etc.)? Are you using port 25 for that, or some other port for smtp?

Thanks for your fast response. 

I am using hostpapa so will have to check with them if they have disallowed port 25. 

I am using PHPmail funtion for the sending methode. 

and the Host is a GMAIL one. 

It says Port 25 is the default port. 

Any idea how I can go about changing this?

Hi Andrew

As mentioned above, it would be useful to know what your hosting provider has to say but more importantly, what the settings are within the Store Settings | Advanced section of your store admin. If you use SMTP then it could be that the password was changed for that email address or there could be a variety of other reasons

Ian

The port suggestion is just one possibility. There could be 101 causes. If it just stopped working and you made no changes then the server environment must have changes in *some way*. Please try to recall the date is stopped working and ask your host what updates or changes were made to the server configuration around then. 

Though don't give any hints on how to enable a new port on the server OR how to unblock Port 25!

You cannot enable or unblock a port on the server unless it is your own dedicated server but you should know or be able to find out from them what ports are used for the various different email services

I am using PHP mail() function for the sending method, and the Host is a GMAIL one. It says Port 25 is the default port.

If the Sending Method is "PHP mail() Function", then only the Sender's Name and Email Address is used. All of the SMTP settings are not used for mail(). PHP's mail() function is configured at the server level.

So I simply reinput my password into cubecart changed the port then changed it back and it worked..... hmm odd

If you are using php mail() as you say then none of that will have had any effect - you really need to speak to your hosting company and find out from them what was going on.

Do you send large numbers of emails from your account as all shared hosting companies will have limits on the number you can send - this can be every hour or daily or some even restrict per 10 or 15 minutes. The cheaper shared hosting companies often restrict to very low figures like 50 to 150 emails per hour and will either block and / or silently discard any emails over their limit - might not be this at all but worth checking !

Ian