Manually adding orders

dcmgraphics

I am looking to switch to CC5, I've used CC4 in the past so am pretty familiar with most of the stuff. My issue with CC5 is the ability of adding an order on the admin side.  I need to be able to add a custom order, and add the sizes, colors, etc. details. I do not see that this is possible in CC5, or am I missing something? I don't even see it's possible to add a product that is in inventory with the product options. This is very important to my business and can't use CC5 if I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The feature to add an order (specifically, to add items to the order) is more flexible, yet not as fully fleshed out as what the customer experiences.

On the Add Order screen, Inventory tab, click in the Product Name field and begin typing the name of a product. If the product's name, code, or description is part of what you have typed (after three characters), there will be a drop-down appear that lists the matched hits.

But, you do not need to choose from your existing inventory! If your inventory is ABCs and you need to sell an XYZ, then enter "XYZ", the quantity, unit price and total price, and click the green circle. Fill in the rest of the form.

You can sell arbitrary items this way. Include in the Product Name field the names of the options: XYZ (small, black, round)

From the popup of hits from the suggestive match, you can choose one. The rest of the field is updated. CubeCart does not yet have the ability to then choose from the options assigned to that inventory item. But! try manually adding those option names into the field. Then click the green circle.

(I haven't actually done this, so I don't know how inventory items - real or arbitrary, with options mentioned or not -  show up in the Order Summary. I think it would show up very similar to a Gift Certificate.)

Thanks, this does work. Not a great solution, but at least I can add a custom order. I do wish I could add the product options. But now that I tried this, it doesn't allow me to set up so the customer can log in to complete payment. In CC4 I was able to set order to pending, give the customer a login name and password so they can log in and complete payment. Anyway to do this in CC5?

Thanks, this does work. Not a great solution, but at least I can add a custom order. I do wish I could add the product options. But now that I tried this, it doesn't allow me to set up so the customer can log in to complete payment. In CC4 I was able to set order to pending, give the customer a login name and password so they can log in and complete payment. Anyway to do this in CC5?

At that point I invoice them directly from PayPal, where they can use their PP account or their credit/debit card.