Links keep reverting to old URL...

Kristoff

Got a strange issue that's happened twice now, the store address has reverted back to the old store address, meaning there is an issue when you click on the links it tries to go to the old URL and causes an error because of the SSL Certificate being on the new address.

Anyone got any idea why this would happen? A cache clearing seems to sort it out, but it's a pain to have to keep checking it.

I generally do not run my installations with caching enabled. As such, I don't have certain files in my cache folder that others may have.

That said, please look in the /cache/ folder for this file:

hash5.html.kurouto.menu.en.cache

where hash5 is any 5 characters, kurouto is the name of the skin your store is showing, and en is the language your store is showing.

If it's there, you will find (after decoding it) that the file includes the domain name of your store (caused by less than ideal programming). A such, all it takes is one visit to the store using the old domain name to cache the file with that old domain name.

Clearing the cache removes that file. Immediately follow with a call to the site and the file will get rebuilt with the domain name used (the new one, hopefully) and re-cached.

However, all cached files have a lifetime, and when expired, the file will be destroyed. When that time comes, the file will be rebuilt using whatever domain name was used to visit your store, and that is what will be in the newly cached file.

We can try to adjust the CubeCart code, or you can create/edit an .htaccess file that sends a "302 Moved" response for any request using the old domain name.