Linking to a Tool in Nav Menu ?

Nik Grey

Brian, I have just noticed something - when I paste this into the Snippet code area:

{php}
$lettering_tool_branch = array('url' => $GLOBALS['storeURL']."/index.php?_a=letter", 'name' => "Lettering Tool");
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('BRANCH', $lettering_tool_branch);
$navigation_tree .= $GLOBALS['smarty']->fetch('templates/element.navigation_tree.php');
$navigation_tree = preg_replace('#<li>.*title="Lettering".*</li>#s','',$navigation_tree);
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('NAVIGATION_TREE', $navigation_tree);
{/php}

When I save it - clear the cache and go back to check the code I notice it appears as this:

{php}
$lettering_tool_branch = array('url' => $GLOBALS['storeURL']."/index.php?_a=letter", 'name' => "Lettering Tool");
$navigation_tree .= $GLOBALS['smarty']->fetch('templates/element.navigation_tree.php');
$navigation_tree = preg_replace('#.*title="Lettering".*#s','',$navigation_tree);
{/php}

The <li> and </li> are missing ?

But I added the 'U' regardless and it's now looking like this:

missing1.jpg

Stupid Sanitation!

In the file /classes/sanitize.class.php, line 30, add 'php_code' and a comma to the array:

private static $exempt = array('php_code', 'description', ....

CubeCart is sending the content through a PHP filter that strips out certain, supposedly dangerous, things.

@Al, please add the snippet['php_code'] key to the array of exempt keys in the sanitize class.

There must have been other characters that I missed as just pasted the original code in again and its much better - that >Lettering menu item that did nothing has gone.

So just adding the above 'php_code', worked :)

My Mugs are missing from the menu though..lol.

Well, it seems that discovering the regex pattern code to do this properly will take me about a week to learn. So let's try a different approach.

We will explode the string at the <li> sequence into an array, look for the array element with Lettering, remove that array element, then implode the array back into a string.

{php}
$navigation_tree_array = explode("<li>", $navigation_tree);
foreach($navigation_tree_array as $navigation_tree_key => $navigation_tree_val) {
  if (strpos($navigation_tree_val, 'title="Lettering"') !== false) unset($navigation_tree_array[$navigation_tree_key]);
}
$navigation_tree = implode("<li>",$navigation_tree_array);
//$navigation_tree = preg_replace('#<li>.*title="Lettering".*</li>#sU','',$navigation_tree);
{/php}

Good Lord, it only WORKS !

I want to understand how though, I will re-visit this first thing today.

missing2.jpg

I can add things to the Cart :) that's what I mean by working as well as the products appearing in the Nav bar :) most pleased - Thanks Brian.