Logging In and Staying Logged In

MoonShadows

Is anyone else having a problem logging in and staying logged in with IE11?  WADR, before you tell me to use Chrome or Firefox, I use IE because I like IE.

Whenever I try to log in to my Admin I have to first click that little lock or my login/password do not work. Then, if I am in the Admin for more than 30-45 seconds and make a change and save, it takes me back to the login page. I try to login again, but nothing happens. I have to close my browser, open it up again, and log in again..

Is this just an IE11 problem?

Jim

I logged out of my FF and opened in IE11:

I did NOT have to click on the lock. I was able to Save and Reload an edited product without issue. When I tried to look at the image OR Save, I got an error message saying it was waiting on a long running script, so I cancelled the page and it took me back to the Products list.

Nothing I did logged me out, however.

"Is anyone else having a problem logging in and staying logged in with IE11?"

I just googled "IE11 problems" and was given a list of entries (multiple news stories discussing the same problems, no doubt) listing a variety of issues.

May we ask what version of IE11 you are using? On, or shortly before, 13 Nov, 2013, Microsoft updated IE11 to IE11.0.1 with security patches and 17 bug fixes.

I do not know what, if anything, could be in the ionCube/Zend encoded files that could possibly cause this, and I am confident that there is nothing in the human-readable code that would cause this.

On the other hand, there exists the possibility (not probablility) that the new Google-sourced code that draws the dashboard sales chart in CC525 may trigger some sort of incompatibility with IE11 -- and its possible that should IE11 vomit from that, cookies are lost (which is the only way a logged in session gets broken caused by a browser).

Here's an interesting blog entry. It talks about how some sites are looking for the MSIE sequence in the browser's identifier statement (user-agent string). If not present (and the site presumably can't match any other user-agent string), then it must be a 'bot and thus no cookie. If no cookie, no session continuity.

I would really like to see your headers conversation with CC525. There is supposedly an F12 Debugger feature in IE.